I like Bob.

As I have told him before, I really, really do!

Bob was/is a smart guy.

Bob knows all (or most) of the rules.

Bob supports the BSA.

Occasionally, I even agree with Bob.

Most notable, Bobs name spelled backwards is Bob!

But least we forget, Bob is a mere mortal.

Sorry ;-)

Bob will return to this forum one day.

When he does, there will be, undoubtedly - a chorus of hallelujahs.

But until that day arrives, lets try not to elevate his stature to mythological proportions.

No jealousy here Just trying to bring back a little perspective to this thread.

Fog, like you, when I have multiple windows open to this address the number of active users is different. What is consistent is that I am always listed a user #1! ;)(This message has been edited by acco40)

If you went to a page that had a "hit counter" on it and it said 5; if you opened another window to that site, it would say 6. What you are seeing is a snapshot of the number of users at the time you connect. It won't increment in the old window.

A lurker is someone who just reads the posts, but does not participate in the forums. Keep in mind that the forums are just one small piece of the overall website. I'd venture a guess that a good number of the people who come here are looking for information on other pages and may never wonder into the forums.

I recall Terry has explained in the past that when the number of active users seems abnormally high (like in the thousands at one time), the number may not represent all real people. I think the explanation was that search engines that come through to re-index the site may show up as multiple simultaneous users, but it is not real people.

Wow does this mean that I can be multiple, simultaneous user and not be a real person? Maybe I'm just a figment of my inner child's imagination?

Time to dig out the old Doors Cd's. Or Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

(Just kidding.)

Signed

Someone who is or isn't Eamonn, or could not really be lots of non-existent Eamonn's who are simultaneously not really me or anyone else but are using me to not be anyone else. I think - Well maybe?