Saddam knew of 9/11 and Oklahoma City

Looking at some of the other articles on WorldNetDaily makes me a bit skeptical about whether anything on that site can be believed. It looks like the far-right-wing version of the black helicopter and tinfoil hat (to hear the alien radio transmissions) crowd.

TP,

I was about 5 or 6 blocks away from the OKC bombing when it happened. I've lived and worked in OKC all of my life. This has been one of the popular conspiracy theories since shortly after it happened. Jayna Davis was a local TV station reporter who picked up on this theory and has spent almost the last decade making a cottage industry of it. The main party (McVeigh) responsible for lighting the fuse was put to death. Nichols is standing trial right now here in Oklahoma as a follow up to his Federal trial. Were more people involved than those two? Probably. Will we ever know who they are? Possibly.....some day. Was Saddam behind it? Very doubtful. Most of the evidence is a crazy quilt of circumstantial bits and pieces where 2 plus 2 ends up equaling 5. McVeigh was deep into the militia, neo-nazi and white supremist movements. It would be highly unlikely that he would do the bidding of Saddam who he had fought agianst in the first Gulf War.

"It looks like the far-right-wing version of the black helicopter and tinfoil hat (to hear the alien radio transmissions) crowd."

Very interesting.. What do you mean by "far-right?" Isn't that just a meaningless label the likes of which you decry? Hmm..

If you've ever studied philosophy or debating in school, then you've probably heard of the 'slippery slope' style of argument. A leads to B, which will lead to C, which will lead to D, which will lead to E. However, there are hundreds of variables and factors which may interrupt the process, making the conclusion that A will lead to E innacurate. This is what I saw in that article, a textbook example of slippery slope arguing.

I suppose it is possible he knew of them ahead of time. I don't think he was behind either. It is possible he was involved in some nebulous, indirect sort of way.

Actually, the Oklahoma City case has some interesting evidence that points to foreign involvement of some sort. It is actually possible there may have been some connection with Islamic terrorists in the Philippines. Unfortunately there was never conclusive proof, and being so far after the fact it is difficult to find any further evidence at this point.

Like any other major case, there will always be crazy theories. Like the one that the Clinton administration was behind it. Some engineers even came out and said the building was blown up using carefully placed shaped charges on the inside of the structure, that the truck bomb was just a cover. Pretty nutty. Some other engineers were asked about it, they thought it looked more like evidence of a flaw in the building design, others just attributed to blast damage.

Anyways, maybe next week we can have it be the Issues and Politics JFK conspiracy week... And then the 9/11 conspiracy week... And then the Pearl Harbor conspiracy week...

And of coarse the moon landings were fake...

ScoutParent, I was not sure what you were talking about, so I did a little searching and came up with this:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1997/vo13no10/vo13no10_mideast.htm

Is that what you are talking about? And if so, I'm just wondering, do you believe the allegations made by McVeigh's lawyers and the implication of a government cover-up, or are you just pointing it out as something interesting to read?

When I read that article, what I see is a bunch of criminal defense lawyers doing their jobs, which is to try to create a reasonable doubt as to their client's guilt. Good try, I say. But if anyone is in a mood to believe everything that a criminal defense lawyer "suggests" could be the truth, I could tell you a few stories. If that really is the case, I know quite a few lawyers who would love to have 12 of you on a jury. But I have a suspicion you don't feel the same way about every criminal case.

NJ, no I wasn't referring to an article but the actual writ of mandamus filed by Mcveigh's lawyer. I don't know what the rest of your post was about...supposition on your part I suppose. Generally the last people defense attorneys want on the the jury are former law enforcement...

OK, ScoutParent, let me approach it this way: You say, "Read the writ..." Why? What do you find interesting or significant about it? And, if you know where it is located on the Internet, where is it? I did a quick search and the first few items were articles that mentioned the writ, not the writ itself. I did not look through the entire list.

"Last year papers were found in Iraqi intelligence headquarters documenting Saddam's feverish efforts to establish a working relationship with al-Qaida. In response to Iraq's generous invitation to pay all travel and hotel expenses, a top aide to Osama bin Laden visited Iraq in 1998, bearing a message from bin Laden. The meeting went so well that bin Laden's aide stayed for a week. Iraq intelligence officers sent a message back to bin Laden, the documents note, concerning "the future of our relationship."

In addition, according to Czech intelligence, a few months before the 9-11 attacks, Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi intelligence agents in Prague.

Finally, a Clinton-appointed federal judge, U.S. District Court judge Harold Baer, has made a legal finding that Iraq was behind the 9-11 attacks -- a ruling upheld by the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals last October. When some judge discovers a right to gay marriage in a 200-year-old document written by John Adams, Americans are forced to treat the decision like the God-given truth. But when a federal judge issues a decision concluding that Iraq was behind the 9-11 attacks, it is a "misperception" being foisted on the nation by Fox News Channel."