Another famous Boy Scout

I was checking out a Dick Gephardt autobiography that I recently obtained and I learned that Congressman Gephardt was a Boy Scout. There's a great picture of him in his uniform behind the mayor of St. Louis's desk, apparently he got to be mayor of the day in 1956. Thought I would share that info.

Does anyone know if any of the other candidates are Scouts?

• 1 month later...

He's not a candidate, but he's a man I admire very much.

Donald Rumsfeld is an Eagle Scout. I know it for a fact, but to my eyes, it also shows up in his bearing and manner. The man doesn't mess around.

DS

One of the network news magazine shows did a special on Don Rumsfeld last night. Very interesting. During the show they flashed a picture of a younger Rumsfeld in his scout uniform. They also mentioned he made a brief run for President, so he was a candidate at one time.

SA

Probably the most prominent American political figure who is also an Eagle Scout is Gerald Ford. I don't know of any other Eagle Scouts elected president. (Ford was not elected. He was appointed Vice President by Richard Nixon to replace Spiro Agnew when Agnew resigned in disgrace under the provisions of the 25th amendment to the constitution. Ford then became President when Nixon resigned in 1974. Be all that as it may, Ford was and remains a very good man and an Eagle Scout.)

• 2 weeks later...