An atheist professor was teaching a college class and he told the class that he was going to prove that there is no God. He said, "God, if you

are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

Ten minutes went by. He kept taunting God, saying,"Here I am, God. I'm still waiting." He got down to the last couple of minutes and a Marine just released from active duty, and newly registered in the class, walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him flying from his platform. The professor struggled up, obviously shaken and yelled, "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine replied, "God was busy; He sent me."

Semper Fi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse a bit of wet-blanketude here, but why exactly is this funny? Because someone appointed themselves to commit an assault in the name of God?

It has happened many times in real life too, with the nature of the "assault" ranging from verbal abuse to mass murder.

NJ-

I confess, I thought it was funny at first. But I've changed my mind! Living in a land that seems to be swinging toward having no respect for the things I hold dear, ie God, the American Flag, hot dogs and apple pie, I just wish I had been the Marine.

bd

"Please excuse a bit of wet-blanketude here, but why exactly is this funny? Because someone appointed themselves to commit an assault in the name of God?"

I didn't find it funny, I found it inspirational and motivational. Perhaps God spoke to the Marine and said, "Thump that dude and thump him hard!"

Big Dog, when I read the first few words of your post I thought, aha, someone agrees with me. It kind of went "downhill" from there though. So I'll ask you, if it were legal for you to go up to an atheist, or someone else you think is not showing sufficient respect for God, the American flag, hot dogs or apple pie, and commit a violent physical assault against them, is that what you would do? Seriously?

And, by the way, when you say:

Living in a land that seems to be swinging toward having no respect for the things I hold dear, ie God, the American Flag, hot dogs and apple pie...

Leaving aside the hot dogs and apple pie, which I think receive universal respect regardless of ideology (though one of my children and one of my brothers will only eat "not dogs" and other animal-friendly products), I'm wondering what country you're living in. Seems to me that the country I'm living in is swinging in the other direction.

Well, FOG, then I invite you to follow the fictional Marine's example in real life, and just start slugging people you think God doesn't like. Depending on what state you're in, you probably won't go to jail the first time or even the second time, but long about the third time, well, maybe you'll end up someplace nice where they have a computer in the library and you can still chat with us when you're not in lockdown.