Question for Bob White

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OGE, you bring tears to my eyes, Asimov indeed. I understand what you say, having felt that boot many times growing up. I also got my revenge. I recognize it for what it was...an human/animal urge that, once satisfied, left me in deep remorse for the harm I did to another person - and it felt good. I can't justify the boot, and in retrospect although I never worried about that person's boot again, I know that in a moral sense neither of us were better for the exercise. I lowered myself to his level and proved able to exceed his malevolent ability. Not much of a way to conduct civilization. Fortunately we both lived through it. From what I learned later, I was the only one to learn from it.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

I'm not qualified to declare the moral high ground, but I know when I'm tired of personal attacks regardless of their origin.

This thread began with a question about an important religious denomination in the United States and the World.

Does anyone have any further information regarding the possible schism in the Episcopal/Anglican Church?

DS

Aww, DS, you must be much fun at meetings. :)

Does anyone have any further information regarding the possible schism in the Episcopal/Anglican Church?

It is difficult to get a clear answer (I almost said a straight answer) on the Internet. It appears that the Archbishop of Canterbury has called a special worldwide meeting of "Primates" (not sure who those are, maybe the head archbishop in each country?) for October. I also heard on the radio at some point that the factions in the U.S. are basically sitting tight and not schism-ing anywhere pending that meeting.

Much simpler to do it the way of my religion, where every rabbi is like the head of his/her own little religion as long as the congregation decides to keep him/her employed. Of course there are major "movements" that almost all congregations belong to, but those can be created, merged, changed, whatever without a lot of fuss. Sort of reminds me of something Will Rogers said, "I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat." Same principle.

Bob,

I know your last post was an attempt at humor, but I found it sacrilegious and didn't appreciate it. That was in bad taste. I know you didn't mean it that way but that's the way it came across.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10