Where to steer agnostic boy?

Swordse,

Perhaps what you meant is that we are all made in God's image rather than we are all part of God. They sound similar, but in fact are quite different. I'd agree with made in His image, but I have to agree with Rooster about not being part og God.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sagerscout, I would give the boy every opportunity to explore his own feelings through reading and discussion with other people who have struggled with this question. I agree that this boy needs a non-judgemental environment. Merlyn is right that there is an eventual risk but isn't that risk there anyway?

Our last batch of Eagle applicants merely submitted the application with no supporting materials (at the request of the council). I believe that few persons actually saw the supporting letters and other materials. If this is common practice, it shouldn't be a problem.

Swordse, I have arrived at this thread late but I want to welcome you to the forum. I have long admired the outlook of the Quakers and I offer you my encouragement. Please don't be surprised (or offended) at any rigidity and narrowness you encounter here...these guys are nevertheless well-meaning...but you know what inevitably happens when discussing religion....

KWC57, again I am reminded of the words of some of my beer-guzzling, racist, obese, etc., and non-religious neighbors..."God created me in His image, har, har, har.". What a great sense of humor! I was taught that this is, nevertheless, true.

Fat Old Guy, People...do....worship rocks...don't they? And yes, that should conform to BSA requirements. I have personally seen congregations gathered at growths of kudzu that sort of look like Jesus, as if someone knows what Jesus looked like...h'mmm, come to think of it he might have looked something like Arafat. Like that image?