Has anyone noticed?

first off ASM514, the flag issue has nothing to do with GW. I was in the first desert war when the decision was made to wear the flag with the field of blue forward as in your direction of travel. If you were wearing it on your left shoulder the flag would be the one we wear on our scout uniform.

And as to how dare I, How dare you! I served 25 years in the US Army, thats how I dare. Uniform rules are there and inforced for reason. I think someone is telling you a story here, no unit commander, unlkess he is an idiot would change his units uniform based on what one soldier said. So I will make you a deal, Tell me what unit your son is in and what Base he is stationed at so I can validate your story.

Like I said the US Army has been wearing a forward field flag on its uniform since 1991, so I don't think they are wrong. Each service is allowed to set its uniform standards including when and how to wear a flag.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple double dog dare! Didn't you breach etiquette and skip the double double dog dare? Yeah, I saw A Christmas Story too. It was great. The movie could have been in the 50's...I thought they did a great job of making a good old fashion family movie. Wish they (the movie industry) would make movies like that 2 or 3 times a year instead of 1 or 2 every decade.

Sorry for that interruptionnow back to the vitriol and derision. ;-)

My, we've certainly gotten testy while I was moving and away from a computer!!

U.S. airliners also display the flag on the right (starboard?) sides of their fuselages with the star field to the right -- same rationale, it's moving forward. Been that way for years, as I recall.

The "flag-on-the-right-sleeve" versus the left where the stars would be on the "correct" side was originally Army-driven, because they wear organizational patches on their left sleeves already...too crowded over there.

Tempest in a teapot, if you ask me...

KS

KoreaScouter is correct. I work for the airlines and the field of blue is always facing foward on both the left and right sides of the aircraft. We have two different decals that we use. This type of conversation between each other makes me tired!!!! Scouting with my Kids : Clay