KoreaScouter - Is all OK?

KS,

Haven't heard too much from you recently, and was hoping everything has been OK for you, your family and your associates.

Not necesarily looking for political commentary (although always welcome!). Just wanted to make sure you guys are all right.

As the news from your side of the world gets to us, I think about you and pray for you, and all who find themselves in your position.

Mark

Watching the Tonight show last evening and Leno made a reference to Kim Jong Il's seldom heard brother Mental Lee Il. Sorry, but I thought KoreaScouter may like the comment.

Check out: www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Parliament/8058/

I didn't catch the Leno piece...I'm still grinning.

I was off the forum for a week because I was in Hawaii on business. Back now and got a few posts in yesterday. I had a chance to visit the Aloha Council Service Center in Honolulu...absolutely breathtaking! Just a few years ago, AC leadership led a community-wide effort to build this complex, and the plaque at the entrance to the main building attests to the widespread community and business support Scouting has in Hawaii. You have to see it to believe it.

Everything ok here? Sure. Are tensions higher? You betcha. The only thing KJI is predictable about is that he will be unpredictable. To paraphrase the Chinese proverb, these are "...interesting times...".

Thanks for thinking of us.

KS

Know how you feel. We're south of you by 3 hours plane ride. My brother, is with the CAV, and my bestfriend, she works in logistics, are up on the line. We had the nice AF planes here for awhile not like what was mentioned in the news. The AF base is 2 miles from my family's compound so we here them revving up their engines.

You're all in our prayers.

Matua

There are near-continuous meetings and discussions about land partnerships, consolidating training areas, moving units from old installations where urban sprawl has surrounded them, and so on. Any other discussions, like what Secretary Rumsfeld talked about (I'm not familiar with his comments), if there are any, are going on way above my level. I don't know anything, and even if I did, I'd still have to say I don't know anything.

KS

KS --

If I knew much of anything outside of Scouting, I'd have a real job.

But I do know that I pray for you and for the health, well-being and safety of all who live in troubled areas of the world.

I fully support the actions of our nation, but that doesn't mean I don't fear for those in harms way.

God Bless you and your family, KS. Keep safe and keep Scouting.

DS