North Korea And Iraq

Q.: When is a Zionist not a Zionist? A.: When s/he is an American citizen working as a Capitol Hill lobbyist.

Q.: When is an American citizen a Zionist? A.: When he's called Jonathan Pollard, jailed in the US for spying for Israel.

Q.: When is Zionism not Zionism? A.: When it's Israeli diplomacy

O.: When is Israeli diplomacy Zionism? A.: When they're lobbying for the release of Jonathan Pollard.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pfann:

Oh? "religious award"? "religious"? The topic of multi-billion arms deals and Capitol Hill lobbying are about my personal theology? I'll be glad to oblige if you want me to talk about my personal theology. (Since you ask, the Epistle to the Hebrews is a good place to start.)

But to return to the topic, why in the guise of 'religion' is all the multi-billion arms deals and Capitol Hill lobbying excused? I wish people would define what they mean before going sentimental about politicians, spies, etc.

You know, I have been called a lot of things, but there has to come a time when I say enough is enough. kwc57 has crossed the line as far as Scouting spirit is concerned. How dare you question my patriotic loyalty because I seek facts from any and all sources I can find them. It seems to me that by your ignorance and absolute refusal to check the fact against what your being told means it is YOU that is guilty of non-compliance to the American Constitution.

I get a ton of information everyday and I comment on NONE until I can cross reference to find facts. When is the last time you cross referenced anything? Maybe I should rephrase that, when is the last time you checked your facts? And as far as my spelling? There are no spelling bee winners in the White House. At least I can formulate a sentence without help from a speach writer.

And just what are your thoughts about the Ultimate sword of power that was swept today by France in the UN Security Council? I bet you don't even have a clue what that sword was? It was the Sword of Diplomacy! France won it all today, did you see the Rep. from China? All smiles! You know, if you cannot spell diplomacy, and do not know the definition, you should not be allowed to be the President of the United States. I am waiting for the resolution of Impeachment to be filed. I cannot wait!

ASM1

pfann, that was funny and it made me laugh. But in all honesty, I could not wear that emblem anyway because I am not Jewish. But beleive it or not, I have a Jewish member on my committee and she is wonderfull in her support to our troop. I think she may be that way because she sees that the important thing in all of this is the moral teaching of her son and our boys no matter what religion.

Ya know, the American way.

ASM1

PS. I am wondering if our troop would be considered a youth terrorist training camp if we had a Muslim member? Makes you want to ask questions huh?

ASM1

ASM1,

Im glad you laughed, the post was meant that way.

Now, I don't speak for kwc, but I think I may understand where he is coming from. You did post a reference to a white supremacist web site. That alone does not necessarily mean you subscribe to all their views, but I am sure you understand that anything from white supremacist groups tends to be viewed with great skepticism, and by extension folks who associate with these groups (or post references from them) tend to be viewed with skepticism. This may not be fair but these groups have earned their reputation I think.

My opinion on the overall topic. I tend to have somewhat libertarian views about the role of the federal government. I think the feds should be limited in scope in what they do. I do believe that defense of the nation is a legitimate role of the feds.

I believe our military is not as strong as it should be. I think the North Koreans sense this as well and look at Iraq as an opportunity to push their agenda becasue the US wil not be able to slap them back into their place.

Call me naive but I don't really see that "vast right wing conspiracy" in all of this. I see groups and countries that dont like America and are bent on our destruction. I don't care why they dont like the US, I only know they must be stopped from destroying us. I kinda like this country!

pfann, go to this site and read it. I like the policy statement and the people listed at the bottem who signed it. Especially the people who signed it. Please remember though, this is their web site. They put it up. They proscribed the policies. And it is they who has been the subject of my entire arguement. I would have passed this on sooner, but I just found it last might. Please read on about the "New World Order" Their words, not mine.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

I can't wait for the people to say that it is all lies. HOW? It's thier web site. I love when the subjects of my arguements provide me with their own words to fight them, no excuses for lies.

ASM1

ASM1,

You sent me on a search to see where I ever questioned your patriotic loyalty. Couldn't find it, anywhere. I did question your judgement and opinions for using questionable and unreputable sources such as neo-Nazi websites to support you views. You can cross reference all you want....but just because it is on the internet or in print does not mean it is correct, true or from a reputable source. Cross referencing junk just gives you cross referenced junk. It doesn't make it truth.

I also searched for any reference of me claiming that you are in "non-compliance" with the Constitution. Couldn't find it, anywhere. Not sure where that came from.

I also searched to see where I mentioned anything about your spelling. Couldn't find it, anywhere.

Your reference to France's sword of diplomacy and winning it all, I have no idea what you are talking about. I was out from early Friday until late last night for Camporee. I've searched the internet this morning and don't see anything about a French victory of any kind at the UN. Just a story about Villipen flying to Africa to try and get swing votes to support them. All other stories pretty much say it is full steam ahead, with or without the UN's blessing.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that impeachment, OK? You might turn blue.

So: VP Cheney is being paid 1 million dollars a year by Halliburton, which is seeking oil concessions in a 'liberated' Iraq.

Meanwhile, the US won't pay to clear up the war damage all its smart bombs will cause.

If you honestly think it's about oil, you're seriously deceived.

I guess Haliburton should recuse themselves from a possible contact (that is for infrastructure rebuilding, not "oil concessions") because Cheney WAS employed by them before he was VP?

Quixote says, not to me, because I haven't said much on this subject lately:

If you honestly think it's about oil, you're seriously deceived.

I don't think this is only about oil, or even primarily about oil. But, Quixote, if you think that this war has nothing to do with oil, then you are seriously deceived. At the same time, if you think it has nothing to do with the president (and his advisers) wanting to finish the job his father (and some of the same advisers) started but didn't finish, then you are again seriously deceived. And if you think it has nothing to do with the president wanting revenge on the man who tried to have his father killed, you are once again seriously deceived.

I would like to see Saddam Hussein out of there as much as anyone. I strongly supported the last war against him, and he did not particularly endear himself to me by lobbing Scud missiles onto Israel, which was a non-combatant nation at our request, and did not even defend itself, at our request. But I'm still not convinced that it is worth the lives we are going to lose. I'm also not convinced that Iraq gets first priority among places we need to be using military force. I feel far more threatened by North Korea, for example. I also hate the dishonest way this war is being justified, both by the president and by his cheerleaders on Fox News Channel and right-wing talk radio. It is obvious to me that we never had any intention of not attacking, regardless of what the inspectors found or didn't find. If we were going to attack anyway, I wish we hadn't engaged in this whole charade. And just for the record, I don't care what France thinks, or what the UN thinks. I care what I think, and I don't like it.

I guess Haliburton should recuse themselves from a possible contact (that is for infrastructure rebuilding, not "oil concessions") because Cheney WAS employed by them before he was VP?

I think it's very interesting that we can already identify which companies stand to win contracts to rebuild Iraq. I understand that other countries (including the UK) are complaining that our rebuilding plans are basically skewed to U.S. companies. Frankly, I might not mind so much if American workers are involved, but I get this funny feeling that the U.S. economy is not going to benefit very much. But you just watch how fast the new Iraqi leadership (which will probably turn out to be some guy from California whose grandfather came from Iraq) grants contracts to U.S. oil companies to go in there and take out oil for a nominal fee, and then tell me it had nothing to do with oil.