North Korea And Iraq

Fortunately that is not the way it works. And China will come to bare. Bare down on us the moment we fire a shot at North Korea. You may have forgotten the Korean War, but they haven't.

ASM1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Bush, Iraq is personal, North Korea is not. Heck, SH tried to have his father assassinated.

assassin - from Arabic hashshAshIn, plural of hashshAsh one who smokes or chews hashish

As for the politics, as they say, money talks BS (not Boy Scouts) walks.

The US did not lose the Vietnam war on the battlefield.

The TET Offensive was a MAJOR defeat for the North Vietnamese. They had as many casualties in one offensive as the US had in the entire war.

However, for the US it was a MAJOR political defeat on the homefront and was the beginning of the end of our involvement in Vietnam.

I find it interesting that some are criticizing the President for his actions, claiming he is trying to protect American oil interests and at the same time these same folks are saying the French, Germans, and Russians are basically failing to take action so they can protect their economic/oil interests.

These countries according to some posts here do not want to stop SH, a known terrorist supporter, murderer (the Kurds, etc), and a threat to any hope of peace in the Middle East. I would agree with some osts that some countries are putting profits over principles, I just disagree on what particular countries were referring to.

I'm inherently suspicious of Administrations that campaign in the first election to disengage from the rest of the world for the first term and then, when elected, get more bellicose as the Iowa caucus (only 11 months away now!) approaches.

"September 11th changed everything."

That's what the military-industrial-energy complex and the Zionist lobby would like people to believe. They've got so many vested interests in a military build up and in keeping CNN attention away from the backyards of the US's clients.

No evidence has emerged that Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

Yesterday Ari Fleischer at the White House seemed to be admitting the authenticity of tape of Bin Laden which called Saddam an 'infidel'. So much for the supposed Saddam-Al Qaida linkage.

"Let's go out there and maim and kill all those nasty foreigners: never mind who did 9/11" just isn't a worthy foreign policy.

Admittedly 9/11 greatly wounded US pride. Americans are angry and want to keep hitting people.

fella

Was Bin Laden in Iraq?

Was he not working with the Taliban? Was the Taliban not part of Saddam army?

9/11 changed the US, we now have to worry about being attacked at any time and anywhere, we did not fear that before 9/11. People in Iran, Iraq, Ireland etc. .... have lived with this possibility there whole lives, this is new for us. We had more than our pride hurt, we had people killed.

Are you willing to sit back and wait for another attack?

dan:

Actually, in 1990, Bin Laden wanted to fight against Saddam, but was persuaded instead... to go fight in Afghanistan. The US encouaged the Islamic fundamentalists to fight in Afghanistan.

"Was the Taliban not part of Saddam army?" Not to my knowledge. Saddam is far too secular and pro-Western (it's all comparative) for Bin Laden's liking.

"Are you willing to sit back and wait for another attack?" From Saddam? That's unlikely, unless the US invades Iraq. From Bin Laden? That's the price of years of US encouragement of Islamic fundamentalism in Afghanistan.

On the principle of 'my enemy's enemy is my friend', the US was glad to encourage Islamicists to train and arm (when Afghanistan happened to have a pro-Soviet government).

However, a war in Iraq would depict the bad guys as being all Arabs, while the genocidal Sharon fails to implement UN resolutions about Israel (the war against Saddam supposedly being about his non-compliance with UN resolutions).

Small wonder that US foreign policy is seen as lacking in even-handedness.

Does it really matter???????????? Let's look at it from another angle. Turkey want $30 Billion dollars to help us on top of that many other "our friends" want the same to fight Saddam. It costs Billions so far to deploy 240,000 troops and will cost Billions more and that with a capital "B!" This is to weed out one guy!

I'm not against go to war with Iraq. I'm not for it either, but if there is an identifiable element that we can go after for 911... let's kid the Shiite out of them, but ....

My son's 5th grade teacher is only getting paid $35k a year! This is a lady who is supposed to teach my son and his friends the knowledge to become great men and women! J.C., we should be spending the capital "Bs" on our future! Our teachers deserve better than what they are getting paid Let Saddam kill his people ... his people will take care of him. My technicians (who have only high school diplomas) are getting paid 2x to 3x my son's teacher! What about the poor/the hungry/ and the ones on foodstamps? What about our stinking economy? What about this ... what about that? I can think of many worth while things to spend those Billions and trillions on instead of getting rid off one guy!

Those SCUDS are a threat ... not to the US! They need to strap all of the SCUDS rockets together to have enough boosters to get over that Atlantic Ocean!

Come on be for real ... CIA, FBI, secret services, etc. can hire or have their own men who can knock Saddam off with one bullet for less money!!!!

I have never fully appreciate teachers until I became a scout leader!

Cheers...

still only OneHour

Very easy fix to this war, to terrorism, and to ALL trouble in the Middle East. And I dare anyone to challenge this solution. It is the sole root to it all and 9/11.

Solution:

Relocate our current deployment to Israel, sieze control of the Israeli government, arrest Ariel Sharon and bring him to Geneva to face the charges of war crimes (which he has been indicted for) and create a free state for the Palistinians. Maintain our military presence in Israel to keep the Israeli's out of the Golan Hieghts and West Bank.

End of problem. Terrorism will end everywhere. Let someone here tell me why this is not the solution.

ASM1

ASM1,

Israel is only one small piece of the puzzle and is used as a catch all excuse for Islamic terrorists. The Arab and Muslim world could care less about the Palestinians. Don't believe me? Then answer this question, how come all of those Muslims who whine about the Palestinian's plight don't come to their rescue? They won't accept their refugees into their countries. They won't lend military support. The countries that have housed Palestinians in the past have all kicked them out. Do you not think all of the Islamic nations couldn't put together their own coalition in support of Palstine and wipe Israel off the face of the Earth in a few days? Palestinians are an excuse for the Islamic fundamentalists to complain. Bin Laden mentions them in passing, but his real beef is that infidel American soldiers desacrated Saudi Arabian soil which houses their holy shrines. That and his particular brand of Islam's goal is to convert the entire world to Islam either by persausion or the sword. If Israel ceased to exist tomorrow, the terrorists would find another excuse for killing. They won't be happy until the whole world is Muslim. By the way, I didn't get that from the media you don't trust, I got it from their own media and reading what their Imam's preach and teach.

>how come all of those Muslims who whine about the Palestinian's >plight don't come to their rescue? They won't accept their refugees >into their countries. They won't lend military support.

They do with $345 Billion dollars in support to Hamas and the Infitada. The countries who contribute are, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan, Yemen, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Pakistan, and Syria.

>Do you not think all of the Islamic nations couldn't put together >their own coalition in support of Palestine and wipe Israel off the >face of the Earth in a few days?

Israel is a Nuclear power nation with full support of the United States. No, I do not think you scenario is reality. The Arab nations could not accomplish this feat. But it is very possible that we will find out soon if you are right.

But you need to study your history and stop listening to this diatribe from the press. Remember, (maybe a strong word here) the British confiscated Palestine and gave the territory to the Jewish people and named it Israel in 1948 because the Jewish people were displaced from most nations including the United States after WWII.

If some un-named nation took the territory of the United States away from us Americans and gave it to someone else, and we were all herded and prosecuted by these new invaders, how would you feel?

I await your knowledge of history, and your response to world history facts.

ASM1

Get ready for a nice chunk of ignorance! (I have very little faith in the history I'm about to utter so feel free to correct me)

Didn't many of the Arab nations try to overthrow the Israelis? Wasn't it the 6 day war? I think there were many and they all failed. I know that Egypt, Jordan, and Syria were trying hard to dislodge the Israelis.

Anyway, the only way to make the world happy would be for the United States and Europe to completely leave the Middle East. Of course that would leave Israel vulnerable, not to mention the oil issue. Of course, then the world would complain that the US isn't doing their job of policing the world and keeping people like Saddam out of Kuwait. It's a no win situation for the US. Somebody will always hate us.

As for Israel and Palestine, nothing will solve that anytime soon. Maybe if aliens attacked earth and all nations had to team up (Independence Day) could there be peace. I think the US should temporarily remove everyone from Israel. Then nuke the whole place. Then they can fight over it.