Whatever happened to the fieldbook?

We just requested that all of our scouts get one for themselves, and asked the parents to consider it as a Christmas present for their boy. the new handbook, although laid out better than the last edition, is missing a tremendous amount of valuable information about outdoor skills and activities. We have found that given the chance to choose, we almost would rather have our boys have the fieldbook than the handbook.

I didn't realize it isn't in the catalog, but our service center had plenty of copies for our Christmas blitz.

Mark

Go to e-bay...they've got em. I got one that was printed in the 70's... I think I would rather have one printed in the 60's. I know it needs updating, but it is really usefull. You should be able to get them for around $3 bucks + shiping.

Eagle Foot

• 1 month later...

Yes, I believe the latest feildbook was made about 20 years ago. No recent one has been made since then. Though, I belive they should. Granted this feildbook works just fine, I do though, belive we need feildbooks with more recent pictures, and more ideas that could be added as well.

Take Care

-Eagle Nate