5. Party first, country second

6. Lacking a historical perspective

7. Self serving

8. Andrew Jackson reincarnated

9. Needs public speaking lessons

10. Lacking as a Commander in Chief

Looking forward to the next election...

• 5 weeks later...

Wow. Rooster7, go buy a newspaper. "Most" of the country does not disagree with the poster. Neither Bush, nor the current Congress was elected by "most" of anything. Both were elected by razor thin majorities of those who cast votes. Since less than 100% cast votes, and the winners in viturally every race got only 51% of the votes cast, "most" never happened.

The poster's point can be ignored, but should not be belittled (after all her 1st Amendment rights are equal to Rooster's). Bush and the current congress do not have a mandate. They barely had enough votes to get into office. They need to be treated with the caution that a marginal candidate(s)in non-definitive races deserve. They do not need to presume that they are God's chosen, 'cause they aren't anymore than the candidate here in Colorado that lost by 122 votes out of 168,000+ cast!

denver4und@aol.com,

I do read the papers...and the polls show that President Bush has the support of MOST Americans. In regards to the election results, although I detest this saying - it really is appropriate in this case - "Get over it!".

If you think about how the electoral college system in this country works, the popular vote totals become meaningless. For instance, here in Indiana there was no question that George Bush was going to win the state. How many Democrats here didn't vote feeling their vote was worthless? How many Republicans didn't vote feeling their vote was superflous? There's no way to know. But knowing that the majority of voters in the majority of states picked George Bush is good enough for me.

• 1 month later...

le Voyageur,

I think you are a little mixed up..... everything you just stated is about Bill Clinton not George W Bush. I think Bush is doing a great job. He has my support (though that doesnt really matter since I cant vote :)) By the way, what does this have to do with scouting??????????????

Rangers Lead the Way(This message has been edited by hops_scout)