"Bob White" and others

Well it looks like I irritate "Bob White" too much so he had his alter ego attack me. I don't need this aggrevation so I'll simply don my campaign hat with its illegal hat badge and head out the door.

It's been real.

No alter ego posting on my part. I simply wrote to Terry and asked if he could check on my suspicion that Y and Z was the same impolite, insulting poster. Terry checked IPs and confirmed it. I checked posting times to make sure it was not a stolen IP, and it wasnt.

So dont blame me for Y/Zs lack of character. I doubt he will really go away (his ego wont let him). Its doubtful the volunteers in his own community want to spend any time around him as he spouts his misinformation on scouting, so the remoteness of the internet is his only outlet.

More likely he will return in another name. Fortunately his rudeness and distain for scouting will give him away again and we will not respond to his goading. Lets not allow him to disturb this board no matter what deceit he practices next time.

Bob White

If in fact yaworski and Zorn are the same person, I am disappointed. Frankly, I found most of the postings under yaworski to be well reasoned. Many times I agreed with him. However, I cannot say for a fact that I've read all of them. As for Zorn's postings, I have to agree with the consensus. Most of his postings seemed to be designed to rile folks. Regardless, if they were the same person, it was definitely deceitful and a bit odd to say the least.

Bob White,

While you may claim to be singing good riddance to yaworski, your post seems designed to bait him into coming back. I know if I were to say "good-bye" and someone trashed me afterwards, I would find it difficult not to respond. May I suggest, let him go gently into that good night.

(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

For a guy who tries to use two different personalities and identities to actually go away is suspect. He'll be back under a new name. I just hope Terry keeps an eye out for his IP address and lets us know when he is up to his old tricks. For someone who "claims" to like scouting, he sure walked all over the oath. Sad!

Rooster and Bob White, A somewhat off the topic Observation

Rooster and Bob, I do not mean this as a snipe/insult/degradation or what have you. And I in no way think you two are the sme person, but:

Have you two ever considered how very similar you guys are?

Bob White shows the same dedication and passion to the BSA program that Rooster does towards Christianity. Just as Rooster is quick to point out the failings of attacks on Christians and defends his faith, Bob is quick to point out failings on the part of those who attack the BSA program and defends it. I in no way mean to blaspheme and I am not implying Bob White regards the BSA as his "religion", it is something that he feels very strongly about, as I am sure he feels strongly about a number of topics as does Rooster and would defend attacks on those topics with vigor.

Its great that this forum allows such dedicated and passionate people to express their views on scouting. And I mean all of us, not just Rooster and Bob.

Back on task:

It is disheartening that at times we become a playground for a disruptor, but that is the price we pay for an open fourm. An open exchange of ideas cant take place when limitations are placed on them.

I know I have learned a lot about scouting in this forum, when I started I thought I knew it all and was confident of my program knowledge. Well, as my old high school biology teacher often said, "its not what you dont know that gets you in trouble, its what you think you know that just ain't so(ok, so he wasnt an English teacher) and I have proved that to myself over and over.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

(With All my forum buddies, I mean after all we are here for the boys right?)

OGE,

That was an interesting and somewhat convicting observation you made. I must admit I do go too far sometimes...(or at least, I feel as if I present some of my arguments a little too righteously). I am passionate about my beliefs. And certainly the same can be said about Bob White and some others.

Despite some sniping here and there (including my own), it has become apparent to me that most folks on this board do mean well. I stand by my comments, but I don't think they accurately reflect my heart. It has never been my intention to get nasty or to demean anyone. I may have come close, in my attempts to make some points, but ultimately my desire was to convey a message, not ridicule others. We all need to stand back occasionally and do a little self-accessing.

I don't think I'll get much support on this, but I think all of the above applies to yaworski and/or Zorn as well. I really didn't like some of the comments posted by Zorn, but for all I know it was yaworski's son defending his dad. Or perhaps, yaworski was utilizing Zorn as a means to provoke some conversations without tainting his own image as yaworski. Regardless, I wish him (or them) well and I hope he doesn't harbor bitter feelings.

Peace.

I think you misunderstood me Rooster, I dont think passion and being righteous is always a bad thing if you believe in your cause and its is your primary goal. I meant that you and Bob, (both fine people) are very similar even if you guys lock horns at times. That is all I mean to convey.

"

God Bless us everyone"

I understood the first time...and I appreciate your words. We're in agreement. I was just adding my own thoughts on top of yours.

I wasn't trying to defend my self as much as I wanted to explain to folks how I viewed other posters and the intent behind my participation in this forum. If anything, my last post was meant to be self-critical.

:)

(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

It is highly unlikely that Zorn was Yaworski's kid. If I recall correctly, Zorn ridiculed a number of people for spelling, grammar and word usage. In short he was picking nits and seemed to have a good grasp of "proper" English. Not to sell any young teen short, but I doubt that a kid was writing Zorn's comments. Plus, if you'll look at some of the philosophies and ideas put forth by Zorn, they (regardless of how tastless or outrageous) seemed a bit advanced for a kid.

I suspect we saw here what I have witnessed in a number of non-scouting forums I frequent. An egotistical confrontational person who has a desire to be liked. The have one ID where they can participate in the forum without causing too much ruckus and another ID where they can unleash their "superior" minded rhetoric. One ID can be admired and they can monitor the threads from it while the other ID can spout whatever they want and care less how it is taken by others. They think they are pulling the wool over the eyes of everyone and having a good laugh at our expense. What many of these people who pull this kind of thing do not realize is that they are not as anonomous as they think. Having built web pages and run guestbooks on them, I know that many programs like this forum do track the IP address of the poster. It is a sort of finger print of the machine the message comes from. The fact that Yaworski and Zorn have identical IP's and post within minutes of each other suggests that it is indeed one person. The language and views suggest it is an adult.

Yaworski/Zorn is obviously intelligent, but not as smart as he wants everyone to think.

seems to me Zorn is the kid he suggested giving up on and throwing out of the troop. (he is the guy purporting that, am I correct? I did not take time to reread the posts.) I won't give up on him. I hope he makes a change for the better. man, couldn't he give an evolutionist FITS if he really wanted to????

Maybe we're looking at multiple personalities. He could actually be two different posters. Or could there be some more personalities involved. I can't keep up with my own posts, much less two or more.

Doug

DeMann, I just love that term, "evolutionist." There's no such thing. There are people who refuse to see what's in front of them because it does not conform to a literal reading of a particular book, and there are the rest of us.

It reminds me of when I used to participate in a politics forum where there were a couple of people advocating the complete ablition of all government, and because I didn't agree with them, I was called a "statist." As young people used to say about 5 years ago, "As if."