3 million children

for Zorn, with an apology for everyone else...

" Tsk, tsk, tsk. Name calling and rudeness. Aren't you one of those that's always talking about the Scout law (No, I'm not going to waste my time looking. that's your game)."

So, then - your ploy is apparently to make baseless statements, accusations (if you will) with no known foundation, and no intent to provide foundation!

is it indeed your preference to mock those who do their homework, and then hold up your own refusal to check the facts as a virtue..? An interesting style.

"I find it interest that so many chide me for my rudeness but yet you stoop to my level. Shouldn't you rise above me, turn the other cheek, and all that? "

I work with a lot of different kids in a lot of different environments, and typically, it's the single-child w/older parents and a slightly Asperger-ian take on things that recognizes one special set of rules for themselves, while expecting everyone else to play the game according to the standard rules. Don't know if any of that fits, but I'd be curious to know...?

At least it's a sign of hope that you acknowledge that your own level requires stooping! You might have said "perceived level" - or the like - if you had a disagreement THERE, but it seems that you indeed accept that you take some pretty mean and pointless shots, so there's hope yet! :-)

Regardless the foregoing, when you say "zorny? that's the epitome of rudeness...", using a diminuitive is not truly rude, or at least not nearly so rude as calling someone sincerely devout a "bible-thumper", for example. At least, in my opinion. Getting back to the playground, when I call a kid with a dim., it's gentle exasperation, not rudeness. And you gotta grant, you're an exasperating so-and-so, you ol' Zornster, you!

And anyway, if someone pulls a knife, am I still to be bound by Marquis-of-Queensbury? Does Roberts Rules have any place in doin' the dozens? Please. that's pretty ridiculous and of course you know that, too!

Once again, you seem to be avoiding the issues - your own rudeness and failure to participate meaningfully in dialog - by attacking another.

MOVING RIGHT ALONG - here's for the rest of the forum. Anyone else who's read this far, I extend to you my apologies. I relatively new here, and for all I know, Zorn P is one of your old and cherished members. It's not entirely appropriate for me to chastise him whom I perceive as a boor and a twit, if you do not. Indeed, it's presumptuous of a new participant to do so, and so, to you I offer my apologies. By way of explanation, I can only say that when I see that kind of rudeness and disregard for form, well, my sense of fair play gets the better of me.

But as a new kid, it's not my place to "ride into town and try to gun down the bad guy" - especially when you may see that bad guy as one of your own - and maybe even sheriff! :-)

Please excuse...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOVING RIGHT ALONG - here's for the rest of the forum. Anyone else who's read this far, I extend to you my apologies. I relatively new here, and for all I know, Zorn P is one of your old and cherished members. It's not entirely appropriate for me to chastise him whom I perceive as a boor and a twit, if you do not. Indeed, it's presumptuous of a new participant to do so, and so, to you I offer my apologies. By way of explanation, I can only say that when I see that kind of rudeness and disregard for form, well, my sense of fair play gets the better of me.

Littlebillie,

No apology is needed on my part. I'd say you are dead on.

I have to agree. The goal of any healthy debate is to gain supporters for one's viewpoint. Zorn doesn't seem interested in swaying anyone's opinion. His goal seems to be something else. While we all may be guilty of being short with others, I'm not sure Zorn has even identified his position, unless you believe denigrating Jesus' name is a position. From the beginning, his words were froth with hostility, and I don't think he's moved on to make any real points. I may not agree with tjhammer and some others, but at least they try to argue a point. Their goal is to debate, not insult or offend.

That Zorn gets to express his ideas and thoughts here is his right.

Back on Friday, September 27, 2002 in the "RE: Court rules Pledge of Allegiance 'unconstitutional"

Zorn posted:

"Q.E.D.

What have you proven? That I'm not a white supremacist? Not hardly, I just said that I'm not a neo-Nazi. Neo-Nazis shouldn't even use the term "Nazi" to describe themselves. Among all the bad, the Nazis were builders, engineers and lovers of art. The neo-Nazis only destroy.

To reiterate, Zorn is free to post his ideas as are we.

"Okay DeMann, so there's a book from 1954 that goes into Hebrew law. That still doesn't address my question. Are there records from a higher court stating that the verdict was null and void? "

ok. you seem to be a little clueless, although you state that you are well read on the subject matter.

the book shows that Hebrew law stated that a court session could only be held in the day time and that if it was not, it was automatically null and void. in fact, those holding it could be beaten for the "violation of the prisoner's rights" if you will. all the history books agree that it was indeed done at night. Jesus was then taken to Pilate in the morning, and he summarily declared him innocent. however, since Jesus did not claim to be a Roman, Pilate had him killed to pacify the crowd. in the process, he publically washed his hands to show that he thought Jesus innocent and that he wanted no part of it.

that, sir, proves my point. if you cannot see that, you might want to consider cleaning your reading glasses. or setting aside your penchant for discrediting Biblical history.

OGE,

I took great offense (and I still do) at Zorn's description of Christians...and worse yet, his portrayal of Christ. That was the premise for my previous post. Whether or not he has a right to post on this forum wasn't really my point. I am a little perplex by your subsequent post defending him. While I may agree that he has a right to post his thoughts here, I thought yhour selected quote was a bit odd.

What have you proven? That I'm not a white supremacist? Not hardly, I just said that I'm not a neo-Nazi. Neo-Nazis shouldn't even use the term "Nazi" to describe themselves. Among all the bad, the Nazis were builders, engineers and lovers of art. The neo-Nazis only destroy.

How does Zorn's opinion about NAZI's re-enforce his right to post?

Rooster,

I see a lot of forum members asking Zorn for clarification on his statements(myself included), trying to ascertain his personal philosphy. I have come to the conclusion the quote "...Among all the bad, the Nazis were builders, engineers and lovers of art...." is really all we need to know about him.

I appologize for my obtuse initial post on this issue.

I meant only to emphasize he has a history of outrageous quotes.

• Administrators

Yaworksi and Zorn Packte (German for "Anger Packed") are one in the same. The source of each post by this person is an identical set of IP addresses (use of multiple screen names is one of the few expressed prohibitions of this forum).

I'd rather not enter into a childish and time consuming game of blocking IP addresses from participating in the forums, so I'll leave it up to the forum members to understand the source of the message when reading.

TERRY HOWERTON

Sorry Scoutparent, but the two posters are one in the same. Their nearly identical rudeness and lack of knowledge about the scouting program tipped his hand.

It is not a case of stolen IPs. They have posts with identical IP addresses that are less than 5 minutes apart. Since ARP caches addresses every 5 minutes two postings within that time period would not be possible from a stolen IP.

Some posts are within 3 minutes of each other. Considering the time it takes to type such long strings of venomous trash if it were someone else posting then Y would have to be in the same room at least and knowledgeable of the kind of nonsense that each was spewing. If it was someone else on his computer and he allowed such behavior to continue he would be just as guilty.

This creep has used you and the scouting program to attack individuals, religious beliefs, the scouting program and hundreds of dedicated community volunteers. He has earned our contempt and our pity. I do not envy him having to face the mirror each day. But that does not give him the right to participate in our discussions. Let's not make excuses for someone whose obvious intentions are to harm the program and the people of scouting.

Yaworski there are a lot of good psychiatrists out there. Visit one.

no, he needs not a psych.

Solomon said,"Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savor: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honor".

this guy needs pity. there but for the grace of God go we also. I still pray for him everyday. several times each day, in fact. All he needs to do is ask God to make him new inside. God will do it if Zorn wants and allows it done. That, my friends (do I have any here?) is grace. God's grace. He is able to forgive and restore not only that girl in question, but Zorn. Now, please don't leave me out. I, too have my own set of faults. I have never been perfect. And this side of heaven I will continue to struggle with them.

Zorn, I wish you well. And I am still praying for you. God loves you.