3 million children

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh, quoting the Bible can be such a fun game. What about this counter:

Ah, the wonders of the bible. It says whatever you want it to say.

--------------------

How I wish!!! see, if it did, it would say that I don't have to stay in the bounds of marraige. it would also say that I can steal and get away with it. and that lying is ok. but it does not. in fact, it just goes against the way I FEEL like living my life. However, since God wrote it, I follow it. Is it my crutch? heck, man, it is my WHEELCHAIR!! I couldn't get out of bed in the morning if I did not have it to lean on and crawl into.

and by the way, you are right about one thing. If Jesus came to earth today as a man, he would be put to death. Know why? 'cause the Old Testament foretold that when he comes, He will be put to death. However, the OT also says that the second time he comes, he will ride a horse and carry a sword. and the ending is quite different for this trip. don't expect to see Him in what appears to be the losing column any more.

Zorn, if you really feel the way you write, I hurt for you. You cannot be a happy man. I want you to know this and I give you my word: I am going to pray for you every day for one week. I cannot promise you anything you can see or feel will come of it. But I will put it into God's hands, and ask Him to touch you. You need His peace in your heart and life. He will do something if you let him. If you want to talk to me personally, please email me. I encourage others to pray as well. I will always talk to you no matter what you call me or say to me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zorn, I am confused by your posts.

Your previous posts leads me to beleive you suscribe to the God of the bible, you quoted the bible as well. Now you argue that the bible is full of inconsistencies and people who quote the bible are "bible thumpers".

You say you do not base your personal philosophy on the supposed teachings of an executed criminal, yet when another poster asked how you resolved the words of "your Lord and Savior" on a topic, you answered the question with an exellent reply, but you did not deny that Jesus was your Lord and Savior. In fact, you used the name Jesus and said nothing about your position he was an executed criminal.

You have implied you are indeed religious, but it appears you are on a real tear against Jesus, yet you seem to accept at least one part of the old testament. Could you expound on what is your personal philosophy, I may have completely misunderstood your posts, but then my reading comprehension isnt what it once was.(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Zorn:

Have not read that book.

Red feather is the name of a native american character set in late 1700 and early 1800s that I use in a series of stories told around campfires to entertain scouts and sneak in values and scouting at the same time.

OGE and Zorn,

yet when another poster asked how you resolved the words of "your Lord and Savior" on a topic, you answered the question with an excellent reply.

Not to nitpick, but it wasn't an excellent reply for these three reasons:

1) My post was directed to a specific believer (kwc57). Not Zorn, who has made his position clear, which is he does not believe Jesus to be the Son of God.

2) He ignored the fact that I presented my position as a hypothetical. I qualified my statement by saying "What if"

3) The OT speaks to the creation of world. It's not logical, and a little less than sincere, to invoke Jesus' name on a topic for which he did not address. Nevertheless, Jesus' teachings did not negate or deny the OT.

Have not read that book.

Book?

If memory serves, you made references to being in the Special Forces which in my mind connected the "red feather" handle to Carlos Hathcock, the most successful military sniper ever. Hathcock was called Long Tr'ang which is Vietnamese for "White Feather" because to taunt the enemy he usually wore a white feather in his boonie hat.

Zorn, I am confused by your posts.

Your previous posts leads me to beleive you suscribe to the God of the bible, you quoted the bible as well.

I also have been known to quote the Koran, Jim Morrison, and Truman Capote. Does that make me a homosexual Mulsim exhibitionist?

Rooster, I was in no way referencing anything you said or did. In the Pledge of Allegiance thread Zorn went after Merlyn Leroy quite aggressively. Zorn mentioned the bible and even quoted it. He exhorted Merlyn to get God in his life. The way he talked, it looked like he accepted the bible. Now, with his comments that does not appear to be so.

So, the message to Zorn is, if you dont beleive in Jesus, who or on what do you base your personal philosophy on that includes the God of the bible, but not Jesus? I am puzzled by your mix of posts.

I am not looking for a fight, just resolution to my own confusion.

"Oh littlebillie, you seem to have nothing to do with your time if you spend it looking for what I've said."

No problem at all - easisest thing! When I see something an egregious elitist has written, espcecially something annoying that puts down someone else without addressing the meat of an issue, why - sometimes that stays with me. (Oh! did you think that because I mostly POST here, I don't read elsewhere? Assumptions, sir!)

And it's just so easy to find it again when needed! A matter of seconds, the way this board is org'd!

So finally, I'll expect that someone who berates others for not saying what is meant will indeed say what he means. Guess I'm wrong about that, but then how can we understand your intent at all!?

Oh, yeah. By asking questions. But when those get ignored - well, that makes it even easier to fall back on the asusmptions that you say what you mean...

Anyway, too much time on my hands? Then I'll suppose that you define seconds and memory as having too much time, in which case, you probably want to re-think your own participation here! Or else, I'll suppose that you have no other life, and that part of your apparent bitterness and misanthropy is a result of that sad lack...

3) The OT speaks to the creation of world. It's not logical, and a little less than sincere, to invoke Jesus' name on a topic for which he did not address. Nevertheless, Jesus' teachings did not negate or deny the OT.

I don't mean to criticize you (PLEASE don't take this as criticism!),but you need to read a little more. Jesus said ,"I and my father are one". the words mean exactly that. it indirectly infers that Jesus made the world. He said that if you see him(Jesus), you also are seeing his Father. At the temple one day, Jesus answers the question of who he is when he says in Hebrew (the ancient language, not the common one of the day which was Koine Greek) with the words interpreted in English which mean 'I AM'. those are the exact words quoted by Moses when discussing what transpired on the mountain with God Himself. the scholars there at the time jumped away from Jesus, because they feared that God would strike him dead. When He did not, they were even more scared because only God could utter those words and not die. the OT has instances of people instantly dying for some of those no-no's.

the apostle Paul wrote Colossians, and said in 1:15 and 16 that Jesus "who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him."

yup, Jesus is credited for making this world.

OGE,

I thought your post about Zorn providing an excellent reply was in reference to "The Origins of Man" thread, in which Zorn said (in response to me):

"Unless I missed something, Jesus didn't say much about creation or the scientific method."

If not, I'm sorry I caused confusion. If so, please see my post again, because I feel his response to me was weak. Regardless, I have no quarrel with you OGEI rarely do.

You know, I hate to agree with Zorn about something, but if saying "I am God" or "I Am" is punishable by death from the Lord himself, then shouldn't the Beltway sniper be dead also? I think he left a message somewhere saying "I am God." Unfortunately, the sniper apparently is still alive.

(At least, I think it was the sniper who left that message. It could be that I am mixing up my recent news stories.)

DeMann,

First, I am supporting the creationism theory, not denouncing it. You're not viewing my words in context. My comment was a criticism of Zorn's statement, in which he implied because Jesus did not mention "creationism or the scientific method", he was either indifferent or may of have even claimed evolution to be true. (See "The Origins of Man" thread). I should have posted my reply to OGE there, but I thought OGE was referencing it in this thread. Apparently I managed to confuse both of yousorry.

Second, I am fully aware of the Holy Trinity. I realize that Jesus is God, but he is also a separate person from God the Father. Thus, it is called the mystery of the Holy Trinity. I believe it, but I don't think any man is capable of summarizing or even understanding it very well. By human logic - God created the world; Jesus is God; and there is only one God; yes by that logic - Jesus created the world. But this assumes we (man) can understand the Trinity...I don't think we can. If you extend that same logic to other Biblical events, like when Christ was on the cross and said, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" - He was talking to himself. Do you believe that to be true? It seems you must if you want to remain consistent.

(This message has been edited by Rooster7)