• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

At roundtable on Wednesday, we were informed there are many local merchants who are holding fundraisers to help Mike & his family.

Mike, in addition to everything else, has a broken collarbone. He can feel the pain from time to time. While a broken collarbone is not good, him able to feel the pain is encouraging.

Thanks for all you prayers and concerns. I'll keep you posted as I hear things.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

On behalf of our pack and our Council, I would like to send my most heartfelt wishes for a quick recovery and a prayer that the family can make sense out of this cruel and ridiculous world. When I hear of events like this, scout related or not, it makes my proud of myself and my fellow scouters that we made a decision to serve our children and teach them the values and responsibilities that they will need as an adult. People ask me all the time why I do what I do for no pay. My answer to them, is that I do get paid...my payment is priceless. With this forum as proof, there is a special bond between us scouters. There is no paycheck that could ever compensate for that. I hope we never lose light of it, and remember to pass it on.

My best wishes to you, sir, from Pack 321 and the Calumet Council in NW Indiana.

Tamara Bonner

Pack 321 Cubmaster

• 4 weeks later...

Folks,

Got some more news at roundtable last night. A local restraurant held a fundraiser for Mike & raised around $1,700.

Mike is now a little mobile. He has a chair fixed with a tube he operates with his mouth to move the chair. He has the same set-up to change the channels on the TV. He is still in rehab & has a long way to go.

For those of you in the Pittsburgh, PA area, there will be a charity basketball game on Tuesday March 11th. The Medical Rescue Team South will be playing the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers will be signing autographs at half time. Tickets are $5 and available at the door. The gate proceeds will go to benefit Mike.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

Ed

I glad that this thread came up again and reminded me about Mike. I had been praying for him and his family, but had not thought about it for a while. I will continue those prayers

It is always very hard to understand why these kinds of things happen. This young man is an example of the kind that needs our help the most. And Mike would have probably helped him if he could. It gives me more reason to keep going. One good thing about this is that it brings good light on a great program and the kind of people who are involved in it. Hopefully this young man will turn his life around. My prayers will continue for Mike and his family. I will include this young man.

Doug

I'm sorry I never saw this thread earlier. My prayers and wishes for a full recovery go out to Michael Lahoff. The senseless violence in today's world sickens me wherever and whoever it affects. God Bless Michael and all other victims of violence.

• 1 month later...

Fscouter,

Beacuse there are no good people.

Folks,

My Troop just finished helping the Dormont-Mt.Lebanon Rotary Club with a benefit pancake breakfast for Mike. There was around 400 people who came through the doors. Great food for a great cause! Also, our district is holding a camporee this weekend & are holding a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning to benefit Mike.

I was talking to Mike's family represenative today & he said as long as he can get transportation for Mike, he will be at our district dinner on Sunday May 4th. that's great news.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

That is good news!

But, Ed, don't let darkness take you. There are good people. In the case of Mike, there were doctors and nurses who cared for him. There were friends like you and those of us who didn't even know him who prayed for him. There was his loving family. And there was God.

Cling to the good in the world, my friend. There's a lot of it, but it ain't enough.

DS

• 2 weeks later...

My district held it's annual District Dinner last night and Mike Lahoff was present. He is in great spirits & I had a great time talking wiht him. I told hima of all your posts & he was very happy & told me to tell all of you thanks.

He is doing well. He is still in rehab but can get around ou his own with special assistive devices.

Also, Mike was the recipient of our District Award of Merit. Quite an honor.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

• 9 months later...

Ed,

Been out of the pocket all week, so I just read this thread.

Please tell Mike that the thoughts and prayers of Troop 117 and Pack 303 from the Wolf Mountain District, Kingsland Tx will be sent to The Lord for him! The Big_Dog will spend some time on his knees for Mike.

YiS

BD