Webelos crossover ceremony

Last year our former Cubmaster had an awesome ceremony. It consisted of a story about magic water and included lighting the boys scarves on fire. Now its my turn. I was planning on using the same ceremony, but would rather have something new. I would also like it to be as equally awesome. I would appreciate any ideas of really neat ceremonies. I am the Webelos leader as well as the new Cubmaster. I have two Webelos crossing over. Thanx.

My last year as Cubmaster we had our crossover at our Blue & Gold Dinner. I made a 2' x 6' tray out of wood & got some small rocks & painted them bright orange. This was to represent hot coals. My wife got some wooden arrows & decorated them for the crossover Webelos. I purchased some flash paper from a magic store & wraped it around the arrows (Iput foil under the flash paper so as not to burn the arrow). The crossover Webelos 1st had to walk across the "hot coals". Then I told them that I was going to light their arrow on fire and if the arrow didn't burn they were worthy to crossover. I lit the flash paper & it goes up in a flash. I then grabbed the foil & pulled it off. It was a really cool effect. If you want to try something like this you will need to practice to make sure you get it right!

Good luck!

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10