The aggressor Scout has been removed as a consequence of his actions. It's unfortunate, but BSA isn't particularly set up to properly deal with his issues. The safety of the other Scouts is important too.

"Those "of the cloth" are the hardest working and most dedicated people I know. Please don't belittle their contributions."

Sure they and you probably think that the Great Pumpkin rises from the pumpkin patch on Halloween.

I thought we were trying to help out a fellow scouter, not quible about the clergy!

Anyway, This sounds like s seriously disturbed kid, he is violent and sounds delusional, he needs professional help, (that was easy advice) and us

volunteer amateurs are no match for this kind of illness. Maybe he could be helped by special scouting, maybe not, but at the moment, this boy has needs that leave scouting far down the list of priorities.

I hope his parents are getting him the professional help he needs in the home schooling situation. And I mean this, you cannot fool around with serious mental illness, you must seek the involvement of experienced professionals.

I worked briefly with a special needs scout troop that my brother was a member of. Twenty developmentally disabled young men at camp for a week. They had their share of problems, (one guy like to break things, just to see what would happen...) but nothing like this kind of interpersonal violence - and I would not want to let this scout anywhere near the typical

developmentally disabled special needs troop.

It is counterintuitive, but the parents of troubled kids, despite their unconditional love, often have great difficulty making the choices needed to properly help the child. It falls to others sometimes, who can see more clearly, without being blinded by parental love, guilt and denial, to try to help guide them to the best path

for the child.

Twin_wasp