What it really is and why it really matters

In the light of recent findings, two articles in the NY Times suggest that there is a link to homosexual priests and and the abuse suffered by mostly teen Catholic boys. Seek the truth and maybe the BSA has the correct view of youth protection.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K9gold-scout,

You said,

In the light of recent findings, two articles in the NY Times suggest that there is a link to homosexual priests and and the abuse suffered by mostly teen Catholic boys. Seek the truth and maybe the BSA has the correct view of youth protection.

And I wondered how long before we got to this point. Also notice that the abuse is suffered by mostly teen boys - the very age group we seek to protect and teach. I think it is a little disingenuous for homosexual activists to always use the ruse that almost no homosexuals are pedophiles - after all,pedophiles are by definition attracted to prepubescent children. Homosexuals are often attracted to teens, and Boy Scouts are nearly all in their teens.

Should we let each parish decide whether or not to "tolerate" a gay priest? I say No.

Should we go back on delivering the promise? I say no. Logistical problems aside, is it wrong to stick to the foundational ethic of any institution? I say no.

I say, suck it up, men. Stick to your guns. Protect this great institution and its ideals.

llwyn