Scoutmaster (Lousy attitude)

As a Scoutmaster, I here you say your scoutmaster has a lot of duties. I wonder if your committee is doing its job right. My committee does everything from fundraising to recharter. My Patrol Leaders Council and Senior Patrol Leader do their jobs by making sure the meetings run right. My Assistants help with two deep leadership and on outings. I'm more like an MC at the troop meetings and Courts of Honor. I do make sure the Scoutmaster Conferences and done when needed, and that Advancement and Boards of Reviews happen, but I rely on my Committee Chairman and Committee to follow through on things. I haven't had youth ride in my vehicle in four years, I have a committee member for transportation. I don't do merit badges for the Scouts, as my Committee Chairman is always finding new counselors. There is one other thing. The Boy Scouts of America has a program that works. We as leaders can not pick and choose the areas we like and discard the areas we don't like. I am a firm beliver in using the whole program. I also belive that you can not "SELL A PROGRAM, UNLESS YOU BUY IT", and also the we as Adult Leaders must "SET THE EXAMPLE" in uniforming, training, living the Scout Law and Oath and attitude. We can not expect our youth to change and grow up with good citizenship unless we give them the example to live by.

I will now get off my "Soap Box".

In Scouting

Dancin