We Need to Lighten Up

I definitely agree with eisley. One of the reasons most of us are involved in Scouting is because it is fun. When I talk to old friends about our days in Scouts, we don't talk about the serious times. We usually bring up some goofy thing we did and have a good laugh over the story. In fact, every time I run into a certain troop alumnus (now in his mid-20's), he always asks if he still holds the troop record for flipping a canoe the most times in a day (it is 36 in six hours).

Miss me? :)

I've been gone for 3 days and 2 nights with a bunch of 5th graders (boys and girls) on a fun filled adventure learning about the environment. No offense, but I NEVER thought about you guys, I was WAY too busy making sure everyone was dressed for the weather and not getting into trouble. We think the adults had more fun then the kids, we kept asking if we could come back WITHOUT the children.

Anyway, I come and decided to catch up on what is happening, and find myself unable to seriously read any of this. Again, no offense to anyone but after the last 3 days, it's just nice to be back home and not have to sleep on the bottom bunk underneath a wiggly 10 year old. Not to mention the amazement of bunking with girls since I have no daughters. I feel I must start a list of "things you will NEVER hear in the boy's bunkhouse." (Like, can I take a shower tonight AND in the morning?)

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I think this winter is getting to everyone, get some adults and kids and GET OUTSIDE!!!! Dig in the Dirt! And loosen up! You will feel better! (I know I do....as tired as I am)

Sctmom,

Glad you had a great trip. Reading these boards can wear on you. I tend to get frustrated at all of the diversified opinions and how they are proven and/or justified. The rhetoric is incredible. Just getting away from all of this for a few days certainly can put all of this in perspective. Active Scouters on this board have presented themselves very passionately, but views and opinions haven't and won't change. I expected that (as on other boards). I have, however, picked up some great ideas, thoughts, verifications, and clarifications as to the real reason most of us are here, and that's Scouting. To all, thanks...

sst3rd