A stupid question....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooster, Im glad you made that smiley faux pas before did, I was going to add the + too. ;) Basic HTML These are called tags , < I >text< /I >. The greater-than and less-than keys go immediately around the tag command with no space between the command and the greater-than and less-than symbols, for demonstration purposes I need to put a space in between. < I > this turns on the tag, and this < /I >, the backslash before the command, turns off the tag. DO NOT FORGET TO TURN OFF YOUR TAGS OR THEY WILL CONTINUE ON TO THE NEXT PERSONS POST. Sorry, I wasnt yelling. To highlight text, simply put you tags before and after the desired text. The tags can be in either upper or lower case. Like this.< I >italics< /I >< b >bold< /b >< u >underline< /u >< S >strikeout< /S >< font size=6 >font size #6< /font> use font size number 1 through 7. 1 is the smallest and 7 is the largest. < center >center< /center>< font color=red >red< /font >Try these out first and feel free to ask questions.

Please note that the font tag will only display the correct font if the end user has that font installed on their computer. If they don't it defaults to whatever the end user has it set at.

Also underlined text in standard web convention means that the text is hyperlinked. Avoid underlining text that isn't linked to avoid confusion.