Exploiting Innocence

JM you kill me! (err.....make that laugh real hard.) We wouldn't be able to use the name PETA though, copyright violation. PETA just got finished sueing PETA.com out of existence (A parody site for People Eating Tasty Animals pretty funny)

OldGreyEagle I was hoping to be there but instead I'll be at work rolling out a major revision to a web site. If not for that I'd hop in the car and blaze up there. (Of course I'd be doing the speed limit...) Hey, maybe something will change.

(This message has been edited by Mike Long)

Mike, That is truly funny...People Eating Tasty Animals. Well, maybe we just create our own little anacromism...SETA...Scouts Eating Tasty Animals...or...SLETA...Scout Leaders Eating Tasty Animals...or...

Probably would offend someone....hmmmmmmm?

I like the idea of a merit badge, but call it Media Savvy rather than Exploiting Innocence. Wait till the animal rights crowd finds out that Mutual of Omaho is the insurer for our troop. Does anybody remember that old tv show Wild Kingdom, where Marlin Perkins narrated the action while his helper Jim wrestled alligators and lassoed wildebeests? They could have fun portraying us as hopelessly out of touch when even our insurer has a history of being mean to animals. BTW: whatever happened to Jim ?

Are you kidding? Isnt Ol' Jim working at the San Diego Zoo and periodically appears on the Tonight Show bringing in animals for JAy Leno to tease and exploit?

Now, if PETS wants to change things, get that segment off the TOnight Show, Fat chance as its a hit each time.

I wonder if PETA people weep uncontrolably when they drive at night for the massive fatalities they inflict on the insect population (after all life is life) ANd do they cut off an appendage for hitting an animal with a car?