Chartered Representative Training

I have visited many council and district sites looking for infomation about training for Chartered Representatives. I have seen many training topics but none on this type of training. Is this an annual thing? Is it required in order to have a quality unit? What publications are given to participants?

• 2 weeks later...

The following message was accidentally deleted-I am re-posting, below.

YIS,

MaryAnn

Posted by: TheCommish (New Member)

Posted on: 1/13/2001 10:36:50 PM

I hope this will help, but here it is. There is a formal training for COR's. The material should be available through your DE or the Field Director, however, and District Commissioner worth their Insigna should have it as well. As for quality unit? NO. The District Exec is required to visit the COR's or IH's at least once a year for quality District. As for training, I have put together a power point on COR's and Committe Chairs since they are part of a unit Key 3 with the Unit Commissioner. I hope this helps!!

My DE told me that the council usually did not have COR training but they would consider having it this year.

The DE did not visit our IH in 2000. The contract with the chartered organization is sent in our recharter packet.

Ddrefke,

It is great that your Council is considering doing COR training. There is National BSA Training Guide on Charter Rep Training. Question did you District

get "Quality District"? If so your DE was supposed to visit each IH or COR in that year.

If your DE is unsure of where to get the material perhaps asking your District Commissioner of your Council Commissioner to assist would be a prudent move.

COR's are the weak link in the program and should not be. They are the direct rep for the folks how charter and own the units. If your COR IS NOT INTERESTED then you need to contact your District Commissioner and ask for some help.

Hope this is useful.

TheCommish