LeCastor Reports Back on his WB Experience...

I returned home from a week-long Wood Badge course this past Saturday evening feeling energized and inspired. In the weeks approaching the course I made a conscious effort NOT to think about it so that I didnt build it up too much and risk being disappointed. So if someone were to ask me how to prepare for WB, this would be the way I would suggest s/he approach it.

There was so much stuff crammed into such a short span of time. However, I never felt overwhelmed. On the other hand, there was a constant sense of urgency to keep on task and get it all done. I feel confident that my ticket will ultimately help my Troop overcome some fairly large problems.

And, on a slightly humorous note, I wound up in the Beaver Patrol. Those of you who speak/read French should figure out why thats interesting

Oh geeez, just what this board needs, another giant bucktoothed rat,errr rodent (well, that's how we translated it in 4th grade French class).

(And I'll say this - it's a good thing castor oil came from a legume and not le castor, though given the taste....)