New Adult Leader Training Awards (with links)

H,

Cub Scouter and Pack Trainer now use the Scouter Award knot, all green with khaki background, with the CS device.

Me personally I HATE the devices. They are literally a pain in the chest, easily fall off and are lost. Do not know how many of them I ordered when I worked for supply.

AND the Sea Scout device is now "restricted," and I have to special order via council as it is not a normally stocked item.

So if someone wanted to consolidate their knots, can someone who has previously earned the Cubmaster Award remove it and add a device to the Scouter Key, or should they continue to wear the Cubmaster Award?

I have purchased multiple devices, so I can keep them with separate shirts, but I still keep losing them. I have found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Black-RUBBER-PIN-BACKS-FREE-SHIPPING-IN-THE-US-/221074832620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379163cec. They are rubber backs to replace the metal gripper backs that come standard on the devices. They eliminate the pain from the pins pressing into your skin.

"So if someone wanted to consolidate their knots, can someone who has previously earned the Cubmaster Award remove it and add a device to the Scouter Key, or should they continue to wear the Cubmaster Award?"

That depends. The Cubmaster Award is for two years tenure while the Scouter Key is for three years tenure. If you have already served as Cubmaster for three years, then you can consider applying for the Scouter Key.

Jeff

Not necesarily. Although the new requirements now list 3 years, if someone earned the CM Award with 2, they would still be eligible to wear the Key award and knot with devices since it replaces the older award.

It would be like those scouters who earned the Exploring Silver or Ranger Award back in the day who wear the Exploring G.O.L.D. / Young American Award knot or a Silver Fawn recipient wearing a Silver Beaver knot.