I need some suggestions. We are holding our Troop Christmas party this coming Monday. Normally the Scouts do a gift exchange but this year we aren't. I would like to get the Scout a small gift instead. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

A whistle, to be used ONLY when you're lost (good luck, but an important part of a survival kit)

A camp cup

Interlocking set of flatware

One Certidicate to get out of clean-sup duty ONCE in the year

Light Sticks(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Several of the local amusemaen parks have toys for Tots weekends. Anyone can get in free with a new toy. We just have a small toy drive and the scouts and their parents enjoy a day as a troop outing at the park. We have a group lunch at one of their picknic areas.

I got a woggle (neckerchief slide?) with the Scouts initials on it made of leather by a local leatherworker for $1 (US) when I left my last Troop. A quick, inexpensive, personalised and very scouty gift which they seemed to appreciatte.

My wifes idea!

You've got me thinking here. First tell the scouts that it didn't cost much money but is priceless.

Give a matchbox or similar, gift wrapped and marked (once the gift wrapping is taken off) with the words 'OPEN ONLY IN EMERGENCY'written on it. Inside put one of the Scout Laws.

A bit corny but then an SM is thrifty.

Although it is too late for the original post, I'll pass along an idea. My troop is having a holiday party on Monday, December 23. The PLC decided to have a meeting even though many of the adult committee members wanted "a break". Instead of a normal troop meeting, the Scouts are making holiday treats and coming up with games for the holiday. One of the Scouts is Jewish and making a traditional Hannukah dessert and teaching the other kids a game. We are hoping the other Scouts do similar things. Instead of just having cookies or whatever, we're hoping the Scouts come up with some different ethnic holiday treats so they actually learn something while having fun.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wrote a paragraph about what I thought each Scout's strength was & how I fely about them as a person. I haven't received any feedback yet but I know I will.

A blessed Christmas to all!

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

I did the emergency matchbox with one of the Scout Laws inside. My daughter thought it was pretty cool but otherwise I'll know in Feb when we reconvene.

At the same meeting twins now too old for Scouts were farewelled. Among other gifts I gave them each a written personal reference and that was the most appreciatted thing they got it seemed. Might help them get a job later. The simplest things!