What is it, if you have been to one, what did you think?

I asked our Council Training Chair what it is, she did not know, has never been to one, and her or her good friend (who still do most things together) have held the Council Training position for as long as I can remember (so 15 years at least.)

So I guess we are in Area 1.. Which I guess covers at least NH and MA as it is being held in MA.. Anyone else going? Sounds like maybe just info and updates on subjects, then actual training ideas. the times they gave for things seem to small for large training to go on.. Most topics only getting 10 to 15 minutes a piece..

Some topics are on

ILST, ILSC, ILSS

after e-learning

Supplemental Training

NYLT

EDGE

IOLS

They asked us for any topic ideas we might have.. I was thinking about asking about the rumor they are changing Woodbadge again and if it is to just mirror the changes they made to NYLT, or if they are more drastic changes.. I was also thinking of asking about the status of the computer system how close to implementation, and what it will add to ease the life of District Trainers.

Any other topics, you think I should ask about?

Southern Region Area 4 recently held an Area gathering which included finance, membership, program and training Council leadership. Most of the session was repitive, boring review of JTE. We had maybe an hour or two of breakouts where we could share ideas and information or network. Our training chair didn't make it, but I suspect that what you are seeing in your Area models this event in the South.

One item I brought up as Program VP was the mandatory training requirement. I basically told them to stop announcing it until they were ready with the software, because it will make it more difficult to enforce when/if it really happens.

They didn't put JTE on the topic list at all.. I only gave a small list of what was on the agenda.. They had other things, as said each topic only had a 10-15 minute window. So you may be right with the information being fed in a boring fashion.. But, it better not be predominately on any one of these subjects.. Get in. Get out.. Get on to the next topic...

I was invited to the same workshop (I'm in MA) -- to me, it looked like a district committee training workshop (on steroids)...breakouts for finance, membership, training, commissioners, etc.

After thinking about it quite a bit, I'm passing. It's on a date where I have conflicts -- if the program looked really good, I'd rearrange, but in this case, I don't think I will.

Guy