General training question:

Can ASMs attend Powder Horn? In what capacity? I am 18-21 yr. old ASM in troop also registered with Venturing crew for camp staff and am interested in attending PH as well as working on Outdoor Bronze and eventually Ranger.

Any suggestions appreciated.

BD - not sure if master trainer course is offered around here in the near future. The trainer course is already scheduled and forms are available.

Didn't take NYLT; no one in my troop did (I may have been the only scout who knew what it was - no one was involved in ANYTHING beyond unit level (OA, NYLT, national high adventure, jambo)). The troop only did summer camp and klondike, and occasionally spring camporee. I'm working to try to change that. Not working very well.

that is really sad......

We are promoting Jambo currently....we have an very old scouter going to pay one boys way.......the boys are hesitating for some reason. I think they can't get their head around what it is and what is going to happen.

We have three boys saving for philmont when they are old enough which will be in two years.

It most definitely is. Part of it probably is the small troop in a small community or something. We're the only troop in town and don't interact much with other troops, so it could be we just don't hear about what the others are doing, which could spark interest.