looking for a train printable/ideas for trained leaders

I'm going totally cub scout silly in looking for an "award" for the boy scout leaders that took time to get fully trained recently.

The troop has had a really POOR % of trained leaders, and I've been pushing heavily, nagging, and even taught troop committee challenge for the district for those who couldn't get it to work on their computers(or don't have computers)

so now we are up to 6 of 7 SM/ASM fully trained --1 needs Scoutmaster specific

and about half of the committee has taken time for all training and most of the rest have done some kind of training (like they took this is scouting finally instead of just YPT)

up from about 1% :(

So since they have really started to buy into the trained thing, I want to give them their trained patches (district doesn't give them out) and something with it.

I thought about just a thank you card that says "every scout deserves a trained leader".

thought about a little train ornament but can't find them cheap enough to give out dozens

suggestions? I was going to put this in the cub scout area since they often give out silly awards for leaders.

I think Michaels or other craft stores sell little plastic train thingies (like for bracelets)

Something like this:

http://www.beadsandsupplies.com/train-plastic-beads-p-816.html?osCsid=d8a49e83640f12e07ddef8053d588bcf

They have $13 for 144.

You can thread some paracord through it and they can hang it on their button. Then they are "trained". :)

I got one at SM training. I wear it proudly.

When a new leader completes Youth Protection and the Adult Leader Application, I award them their POR patch at the next pack meeting, a pack neckerchief and slide. The Cub Scouts helps his parent put on the neckerchief and slide.

I'd award the "Trained" patch with Badge Magic on it, so it can be stuck on the leaders uniform at the pack meeting if they have one. If they don't have a uniform I might Badge Magic the "Trained" patch to their neckerchief.

And I'd award them the folding pocket record that records completion of activities that lead to being awarded a knot for their office.

(This message has been edited by seattlepioneer)

I think it would be hilarious to use one of those big wooden train whistles to call up the newly trained leaders at a meeting. 'Doot-do! Calling all trained leaders!'

No Badge Magic though, no way. Safety pins are fine for a temporary way to put a badge on a shirt.