Looking Forward to Wood Badge

Yah know...about 10 years ago, my wife, myself, and another couple wenmt to a seafood restaurant. It was called Wahoo Willies.

It was not your average grill that you would find on a fishing pier.

So we ordered some meals and one of the common sides was blackened beans. I as well as my wife got seasoned rice ( kinda like Zatarann's) and I had baked marinated grouper and my wife had ...well, I don't remember.

So after we left the restaurant, my wife and her friend commented about how awful the food was. TERRIBLE! YUCCKY POO!

They would tell all their friends not to eat there.

Me? I thought it was pretty good. Of course, I knew what blackened beans tasted like, I knew what the seasoned rice was going to be, and the grouper was cooked exactly the way baked and marinated grouper should.

Thing is, if you like that style of food, you would have liked it. If you don't like that style of food, you won't.

Then sometimes, you have a restaurant that could screw up a pot of boiled water.

Why should WB ( or anything else for that matter) be any different?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah know...about 10 years ago, my wife, myself, and another couple wenmt to a seafood restaurant. It was called Wahoo Willies.

So we ordered some meals and one of the common sides was blackened beans. I as well as my wife got seasoned rice ( kinda like Zatarann's) and I had baked marinated grouper and my wife had ...well, I don't remember.

So after we left the restaurant, my wife and her friend commented about how awful the food was. TERRIBLE! YUCCKY POO!

Me? I thought it was pretty good. Of course, I knew what blackened beans tasted like, I knew what the seasoned rice was going to be, and the grouper was cooked exactly the way baked and marinated grouper should.

Thing is, if you like that style of food, you would have liked it. If you don't like that style of food, you won't.

Then sometimes, you have a restaurant that could screw up a pot of boiled water.