I will be Staffing WB this year in my Council. I had a blast at my course, and am having a great time at the Staff-D's. Anyway, I remember getting a small gift from my TG last year, and she's our ASP-P this course. We were asked to give a small gift, but not spending much money nor making it a competition on who gives the most expensive gifts to our Patrols. We made Para Cord Bracelets last year, using a BDU pants button on Day 1. I went home using my Critter color with the cord, and hand made a wooden bead, and made myself my own. I decided this year to make a bunch of different color para cord bracelets and using my hand made beads to fix them with to pass out as gifts to my Patrol. Anyone else have to give gifts in their courses? and what did you give. I was going to buy one of those critter necklaces like i got last year from my TG, but this idea was already taken, and they are expensive.

I'm sorry ScoutBox, I think this is a can of worms that is best left alone and unopened.

The "Gift" All the WB staff should give is to present the best course possible.

Things like this have a habit of growing, getting out of hand and can end up over shadowing the real reason why there is a course in the first place.

Ea.

Our WB does not, unless implemented recently. Son was the last one to go through it last year.

I think one or two rogue TG gave a gift when each member of their patrol recieved their beads. Just from comments made.. But, it is not asked or expected that the TG do this.

• 2 weeks later...

The best gift the TG from my WB course gave me was to ask me to be on his staff when he became a CD. Nothing like that to validate your efforts. THEN, as the CD, he gave us staffers all leetle gifts: QMs got fancy garden trowels, Scribes got quill pen sets, things like that.

But when he was my TG, he did come almost 60 miles to my beading.

I was also advised to gift the participants. Noting that participants now spend long hours on fiberglass chairs and picnic tables, I found $1.59 closed-cell foam seat cushions at our local clearance store. They were appreciated. Other particpants noted and brought their own for WE II.

I have also been exposed in various workplaces to customs of gift-giving. They were prevented from becoming containers of Lumbricus terrestris by dollar limits.