Here's an interesting idea our Council is trying this year. http://www.danbeard.org/training/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27:summer-of-training&catid=19:basic-training-information

Not only is it promoting training to the untrained, but its getting people to come in and make sure their ScoutNet records are up to date, which was a major issue with YPT at recharter. When they check the records for the patch, if there are missing trainings, they're being updated on the spot. Any other councils trying this approach to getting records verified? How well has it worked?

Nice idea, but Nope.. So are your districts running training sessions throughout the summer months, or is the in-person training any adult leader training you take while at summer camp?

Our district training is normally Spring/Fall, the camps run training through the summer. Not much training is held over the winter months (understandable the IOLS as it is not survival camping but pretty much car style camping.) Not sure why we don't for the others except for the problems of cancellations due to blizzards.. I might run a youth protection, or supplemental training in the winter, but that's it.

They're offering it at camp each week (this week is staff week). They're allowing anyone to attend the sessions, and they are apparently allowing people to attend over multiple weeks if they can't attend all in one week. From what we've seen flyer wise, they are offering IOLS testing, not sure if they'll try to offer it as a class or not.

In terms of winter, our District traditionally did Youth Protection then, because it made it simple to remember you needed it by the end of an odd or even year, but that's out with the new requirement. Now we've got a couple trainers with personal laptops they take to units if there are new leaders without access from home. What shocked me on the reasons for needing that was that our units that meet in cchools are not allowed to use school computers or their wireless.

I'm not sure about the calendar, but I know its not correct most times, our day camp isn't on there because we didn't use the doubleknot registration, so they didn't post it. I don't watch the calendar there too closely, but we have a physical calendar that's distrbuted that is more accurate. Unfortunately, it just lists the entire weeks of camp as having "adult training", but no specific days. So yeah, here's our summer of training, but a nebulous or non-existant schedule.