I'm still tired and processing everything but I can't wait to go back in two weeks! Since only 5 of the leaders in our pack have not been to Wood Badge I did have some idea of things that would be happening the first weekend. I think I had just the right amount of knowledge about the course before I got there. I knew enough to be prepared but not so much that I knew all the details. My patrol (go Foxes!) worked really well together and had a good mix of Scouting and camping experience. I have 3 ticket items already approved, 1 that just needs a small change and 1 that I'm rewriting because once I put it on paper it didn't really look the way it did in my head.

The one thing my patrol did have some trouble with was patrol yells. We came up with a couple but I'm wondering if any of the other Foxes out there have some suggestions for some good ones I can take back with me the second weekend. Those darn Beavers, Bobwhites and Owls kept outdoing us!

We (Beavers) had the hardest time with the Yells.

My group were not big yellers to start with and we were always first so most of the time on the first day we would miss the "cue" to give our yell. So every time we would end up yelling something different. Finial, late Friday night we thougth of a new one.

SO....Saturday morning rolls around and we do the Flag and our PL does a solo for the song 'cus NO ONE has ever even heard of it before. We get back to our spot in line and the SPL calls "BEAVERS!" The rest of my group is in their own world and I look down the line to see if they are ready and I yell out in the most teenager/snotty tone: "TALK TO THE TAIL!"

I thought the SPL was going to fall down he was laughing so hard. The staff loved it! Needless to say, that became our yell for the rest of WB.

That is one of my favorite memories of WB.

Diana

S8-18-11-1

Welcome home! I'm sure your second weekend will be even better.

I don't have any patrol yell ideas for beavers, but there are beaver seat cushions that you can wear that can facilitate the "talk to the tail" yell :)

Our Fox patrol was awesome and we came up with some good ones. We were the only all guy patrol because the one woman assigned to our patrol did not show up.

1. When they announced is the Fox patrol here, we yelled "Foxes...Bright Eyed and (then turned around and bent over wagging our behinds) Bushy Tailed!"

2. A little more risque, but everyone liked it. "These Fox don't squat" (remember we were all guys)

3. Some times we all just did "Yip, Yip, Yip, Yip, Yip"

Have a blast and enjoy the experience.

Chris

Fox C-01-10

In my course, the Fox Patrol would yell "FRIENDS OF XYLOPONES! Yip yip yip yip...". Nobody understood it, and they eventually had to explain that F.O.X. could stand for Friends of Xylophones. Smirk-inducing.

I'm in the Owl Patrol -- we never got past "WHO?" for our patrol yell.

Guy

Ltfightr,

We had a couple of patrol yells. "Gee Wally!" and "Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver" from the old Leave it to Beaver show. I think we may have even thrown in, "good morning Miss Landers" one morning.

Bobwhites indeed.. I can't remember our Bob Patrol yells. I think we were always interested in getting the job done. And of course we seemed to be at the butt of every other Patrol's yells.. But we ended up top Patrol.. ie. best Patrol project, and none of the problems that the other patrols had with Forming, Storming, Norming and Preforming.. We never Stormed.. ie, not like the other Patrols.. we just got down and talked about any problems, and preformed..

Congrates on your first weekend, and good luck with the next one..

Scoutbox

Bobwhite Patrol

NE-11-193

I just got home from my second weekend and wow, it was amazing. From one Fox to another, this is what we did...

Patrol Leader - Give me and F

Patrol - Fun

Patrol Leader - Give me an O

Patrol- Outdoors

Patrol Leader -Give me and X

Patrol - Xcellent

Patrol Leader -What does that spell?

All Together - Fabulous Foxes

We were also talking about TV shows one morning and came up with a song to the tune of the Fact of Life

You take the good, you take the bad, you want then you have the fox's five, the foxes five

We said five because there were five of us.

Sam

92-67