• 1 month later...

Sax, take a deep breath, and release it slowly. Youre way to wound up over this. Yea, Ive seen this, its old school spousal recognition, and in my opinion, a good idea. Wood beads as recognition is not unique to BSA, or owned by BSA. Im sure a CE is well aware of this, and isnt remotely concerned. Back in the day we used to make up all kinds of unique recognitions, and some continue to be given to this day. Yea, ok, there has to be a limit to local, non-official, awards, I agree. The line is a simple thing, only official items may be worn on the uniform.

Now, in as far as The Book, its good for young ones who cant reach the table otherwise, starting fires, and one can use it in place of AP paper in a pinch. Safety, liability, and packaging/image of their franchise are the responsibilities of BSA, when they exceed this scope, Its mere suggestion, as authority beyond the described realm resides with the CO, not BSA.

Critter beads, whatever, I'll not be wearing them /rolleyes

• 2 months later...

Fuzzie,

To answer your question, look on eBay, and search for "Wood Badge Beads" or "woodbadge 2beads". Some companies (typically in Hong Kong) make metal beads in gold or silver color. They are a cute novelty and the sets that I've seen close up are reasonable quality.