What Are You Thankful For?

It is that time of year again. The Holiday season, led off by Thanksgiving. We do a lot of things in these forums. We share information, advice and frustrations. We get into lively debates on different issues, occasionally heated, but usually friendly. Let's take time to think about what we are thankful for and then share it with each other.

I'm thankful especially in these uncertain times to be an American. I'm thankful for our freedoms. I'm thankful for my family, my job, my home, my health, my church, my God and my friends. I'm thankful for all the blessings the Lord has given me. While I have worked hard for them, they would not have been possible without the His blessing.

My challenge to all of your Scouters out there for the Holiday season.....do a good turn as often as possible. Share YOUR blessings with others!!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for my family, my job, my home, my health, my church, my God and my friends. I'm thankful for all the blessings the Lord has given me.

Ditto...Or rather, Amen.

I'm not sure I can claim that I worked hard for all of them...But I am very happy and thankful.

I asked my 8 yr old son who is a Bear cub what he was thankful for and here is his response. It is not word for word, but close enough.

"I'm thankful that God & Jesus are in my life. I'm thankful for being alive. I'm thankful for my family and all my friends." He paused for a moment in thought and added, "I'm thankful to be free" So I asked him to explain. He replied, "Well dad, I'm never bored. I always have something to do. I have church, school soccer, cub scouts, baseball and stuff to do here at home. You know Dad, there are some kids in the world that don't have toys or food to eat. I'm very lucky."

I smiled and thought to myself, "No son, I'm the one who is lucky."

NativeTexan,

I can relate to your story. Our son is 9 and became a Christian a little over a year ago. I don't remember what prompted the conversation, but he was talking about the moment of silence his school observes every morning. He talked about how some of the kids misbehave. When we asked him what he did, he said, "I ask God to forgive me for my sins." I'm a pretty big ol' boy, but I have to tell you I got pretty choked up. It's nice to know that the example we set sinks in more than we know.

I am thankful for my family being home for a few days and together. With hectic schedules I see them less and less. I am thankful for the roof over my head and the warmth. Greatful that we can decide what to eat for dinner rather than whether we can eat. Thankful for the opportunity through scouts and church to make a difference.

Thankful:

For the blessings that God has given me, mostly undeserved, in my life.

For my wife.

For my family.

For my continued employment.

For my survival from heart surgery this year.

For Scouting, imperfect program with imperfect people-- like me.

For our nation, created and maintained at such tremendous cost.

For eternal salvation, thoroughly undeserved gift from God, given on a Scout campout.