Is anyone aware of an on-line risk zone course that is valid for BSA training? It drives me crazy that all the other training courses are offered on-line, but risk zone is not, especially since it expires every 2 years. I hate having to travel to a training seession just for a 1 hour course.

It is BSA's "don't drive while tired" safety training. In our council, it is still required on our local tour permits and it expires every 2 years, just like YPT. I am led to understand this is a council requirement, and not a national one. This may be why national does not have it with the other online training courses.

Risk Zone is a course that some councils conduct for insurance reasons. Now that national requires "Hazardous Weather" training for tour permits, many councils have stopped requiring RZ and only require the national course.

Of course, they may still offer the RZ courses even if it isn't required.

Since responders only commented on the course, and did not provide any info about taking the course on-line, can I assume everyone takes this course as a regular, real person class?