New to Wood Badge staff - ideas / recommendations?

ADD VALUE TO THE SLIDES. DO NOT READ THE D####D SLIDES. I KNOW HOW TO READ, THANK YOU. DO NOT READ THE SLIDES. Can you tell this is a pet rock? ;)

I'm deadly serious though. If you are a small group facilitator, aka a Troop Guide, add value to the material you use for the Patrol classes. If you just read the bullet point to me, I'm GOING TO TURN MY EARS OFF AND GATHER WOOL. You'll be worse than useless.

On a different note: Take a hard look at your briefings. When I took the course, the background was mean to be oak leaves. It was effectively camourflage. Your students will not have the youngest eyes in the world anymore. Think, really, really hard, about taking your powerpoints and converting them to Black lettering on an off-white to light blue background. Whether you use hardcopy or a laptop screen, you'll make the product easie to read for your learners.

We've done this thread before, but I can't quite find it in the archives.

My best words of wisdom for staffing........if you are not having fun, you are doing it wrong. I was QM last fall and worked my butt off while having an absolute blast. This coming spring, I am ASM-Program and back-up CD. I can guarantee you that I will be watching the QM's with a longing in my eye like a kid in a candy store.