What training is required by a scouter to be able to wear the trainer strip?

I will like to know what kind of training is necessary to qualify an adult scouter in a troop with a committee position, to wear the Trained stip on their uniform?I have already taken YP, safety afloat, committee training,weather hazards,this is scouting,safe swim defense.Can I wear my trained strip?

In general, to be considered trained and be able to wear the trained strip, you must complete basic training.

Basic training is:

* YPT

* This is Scouting (or the prior New Leader Essentials)

* the position-specific training for your position

Be advised that for some positions, there is no position-specific training.

From your list, you have completed basic training for a troop committee member.

Interesting...

First off, you don't answer to any ASM (or even the SM). So he's out of line to 'tell you' to take it off.

Now, had he inquired as to what training you had, and then advised you that you were/where not qualified to wear it, that would be one thing (but from your training list, you're qualified. He may think you need to the SM/ASM training, but committee members don't).

As a committee member, you answer to the Troop Committee Chair, who, btw, is over the SM (and his assistants).

There really isn't anyone "Over" any volunteer scouters.

The rule is: whomever has the ability to reccomend a person has the ability to remove a volunteer.

The Troop CC does not have the ability to reccomend or remove the SM. Only the Chartered Organization Head (or the Chartered Organization Representative) has the ability to remove.

So, unless the CC is also the COR, the CC is not "over" anyone, including the SM.

In order for a troop committee member to wear a "trained strip" on their shirt, I would consider it necessary to have also completed the "troop committee challenge" training syllabus. I understand that this can be done on line.