I've been putting it off for years now. But I've finally sent in my registration for Wood Badge.

I hope I'm a Bear 'cause their part of Back to Gilwell always cracks me up.

I wish I could wear my dad's old participant necker. He must not have finished his ticket, at least I've not found his beads.

He likely would have done it 1970-76 although it could have been in the early 60's when my older brother was a scout. I don't recall him wearing beads, but then I don't recall anyone wearing beads back then. He kept everything, so it is in a file somewhere. Because he kept everything, it is task to find anything. The house has been cleared out some, but I'm not sure anyone has dared tackle the files in a systematic way. Likely, most of them will just be tossed, if they haven't been already.

I'll send a letter to Catalina Council, they may still have records going back that far.

jet526, congrats on deciding to pursue wood badge training. Wood badge truly is an unforgettable experience.

As for beavers, bah! My council has an infestation. My course is next year and there will not be a beaver patrol.;-)

Tokala,

True, one Beaver would equal all the staff and the 7 other patrols of 6. Perhaps national should make it a requirement that all WB Course Directors must come from the Beaver patrol. ;)

Oh and jet526, congrats on signing up. Regardless of what you will hear from one or two naysayers, you will gain much from the course and have a blast doing it. If you are lucky, you will be a Beaver.(This message has been edited by sr540beaver)