I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting. I have a couple in my pocket including pulling the rope instead of pushing; howvever I'm looking for some new (to me at least) ideas for run ons. Thanks in advance for the help.

Wally

Man walks on, carrying a suit on a hanger. MC asks "Hey, where are you going, can't you see we're having a meeting here?" Man replies "I'm taking my suit to court."

Next , man walks on carrying a big suitcase. Same query, he responds "They told me I have to take my case to another court".

Man walks on with lots of small signs plastered on him, all of which read "SUE". Same query, more frustrated. Man replies "I"M being SUED!!"

Next, Man walks on carrying a step ladder. Response: " I'm taking my case to a higher court!"

Next the man walks in, dejected, dragging a large duffle bag. Reponse: "I lost my CASE!" Chase him off stage...

This one requires an atheletic boy and a mat to fall on. Boy runs/walks on, jumps in the air yelling "GRAVITY CHECK!!", lands on mat, gets up, dusts himself off saying "yep, still works".

I always get a kick out of the scout running across stage scattering a trail of dried leaves behind him when asked ny the MC what he is doing he answers I am leafing and runs off. We actually do all of these at training sessions songs too and also dole out rounds of applause and big hands kids get a bigger charge out of all of them than adults but that is who it is all about isn't it.

Fellow Scouters,

As the District Trainer. I teach my fellow Scouters, that nothing goes on during Pack Meetings or campfires that was not rehearsed or reviewed by the emcee, Cubmaster, or SPL. Absolutely nothing. Even run ons that appear to be random, are scripted. I've seen a few run ons that get the crowd pumped up at the end of a campfire or ceremony. I've seen extremely foul language used during a skit that was not reviewed (the skit ended within seconds). I've seen slow quite songs, being changed without any approval and they crowd gets pumped up again.

So even for run ons. It is good to have resource, I highly encourage using run ons to get the audience participating either Boy Scouts at camp or parents at a Pack meeting. But I highly recommend that you teach that they are all scripted. And that the EMCEE whoever it is, knows everything that is happening.

Two of my favorite run ons. You said you know about the pulling/pushing rope. Here is another spin on it I've seen.

A Scout walks by the campfire dragging a rope, and another Scout walks by and says "What are you doing dragging that rope?" The first Scout replies "Have you ever tried pushing one?"

Okay. So that's corny enough. Then a skit/song later....

A Scoutmaster walks by the campfire dragging a fully uniformed Scout by the leg (it happened to be the same Scout from the skit earlier), and another Scoutmaster walks by and says "What are you doing dragging that Scout?" The first Scoutmaster replies "Have you ever tried pushing one?"

They had planned both run ons, but no one was expecting the second one. The crowd was in tears...

Another Favorite run on is done between three skits/songs.

A Scout says loudly he is nervous skydiving for the first time, and while placing on a small backpack acts like he climbing into a parachute. He jumps sideways, as if jumping out of a plane. Acts like he is pulling a chute ripcord across his chest, and screams "Uh OH! Ahhhhhhhh!" as he runs backwards across the front of the campfire.

After the next skit/song, another Scout says loudly that he is nervous lighting his grandfather's old 1910 era Coleman lantern. He acts like he lights a match, yells "Boom!" Then "Uh OH! Ahhhhhhh!", holds the latern against his chest and runs backwards (in the opposite direction) across the front of the campfire.

After the next skit/song, both Scouts are running backwards (one wearing a parachute (aka small backpack)) The other with a latern or something similar held to his chest. Just as the cross each other directly infront of the campfire, they stand facing each other running in place and yell. "Hey do you know anything about parachutes?!" "No!, Do you know anything about Laterns?!" "No!" Both continue to yell "Ahhhhhhhhhh!" And they continue to run backwards away from the campfire.

Then there is always the Scout walking right behind the emcee (SPL) looking around the ground with a flashlight. The emcee/SPL ask "What are you doing? I'm trying to conduct a campfire here" And the other Scout replies "I'm looking for that last punchline"

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

These are bring backs lots of old forehead slaps!

Two kinda lame ones I remember:

"So, you heard the story about the ceiling?"

"No."

"Well, it's over your head."

"Heard the story about the bed?"

"No."

"It's not made up yet."

In an older vernacular:

"What's that you're rubbing on your arm?"

"Liniment...and boy, does it make my arm smart."

"Tried any on your head?"

Two scouts in my old troop found an old vaudeville routine in a book at the library. The routine was called "Corn, But Not Forgotten". They modified it to add in a whole bunch of these run-ons. After one aged out of the troop, I got to move into the "straight man" role, and we did it at several different campfires. Always a show-stopper for those that like the old, bad jokes.

Guy

The "hanging out" is always a crowd pleaser.

But my personal favorite is to have a cub scout come out pulling a length of rope behind him. He is asked: "Why are you dragging that rope?" To which the cub scout replies: "Have you ever tried to push one?"

Another one we use here is to have someone run up screaming "Run! the infantry's coming!" And another scout walks in carrying a potted sapling.(This message has been edited by Buffalo Skipper)

A popular one at our scout camp that involves two staff members.

Emcee is getting ready to call up the next group for their skit/song and these two staff members come running out, one chasing the other with a stick yelling how he's gonna kill the other staff member. Couple of close calls, maybe dodge around the emcee and then off into the dark.

Two or three skits/songs later, same thing again, except the other way around (chaser is chasee) and carrying a larger stick.

Again, two or three more skits/songs later, we're back to the original chaser/chasee. Chaser now has a VERY LARGE STICK (or a baseball bat). The staffer being chased trips and falls to the ground. Chaser swings his stick, stops just short of the other staff member, barely taps him and yells, "TAG! YOU'RE IT!" and takes off.

Here are two run-ons for you:

The sound quality of the act is better on this one:

The view of the act is better on this one:

Taken same day.

Point is this: Words have meanings, and different meanings to different people!