Does anybody fail Woodbadge?

"Hope so, I know a man that would fail at trustworthy, loyal and reverent. In front of Scouts. "

If I had to guess, the intent of this comment is that the persons WB should be stripped away due to actions unbecoming.

This presumes that WB is an honor not a completion of a training course. Similar to removing ones college degree because they were not knowledgeable in their degree field.

Wood badge comes down to attending the training sessions (two weekends or a long single week, depending on the schedule) and then completing your 5 ticket items.

My wood badge course didn't have any "tests" in it, so by the usual definition of "fail" you can't fail. You can "fail" to earn the physical wood beads if you don't complete your ticket items.

My take:

If you fail to interact with others...

If you fail to implement the course material in your own life...

If you fail to understand the ethic of WB is servant leadership...

If you faith to live the ethic...

You may have not "failed" Wood Badge ... but you certainly wasted your money in taking the course.

Looking to the history of this thread, I found the event emb described to be truly saddening. To be asked not to return implies an absolutely horrid group dynamic, where the only viable solution was removal.

"Looking to the history of this thread, I found the event emb described to be truly saddening. To be asked not to return implies an absolutely horrid group dynamic, where the only viable solution was removal."

Sorry, but the event was MUCH more then 'horrid group dynamic'. These were a couple of people that probably had no business being in scouting.

The fact that the professionals were involved with the removal should have told you there was more then just 'group dynamics'.