Does anyone know of any Rangemaster or Shooting sports training near Daniel Boone Council (Western North Carolina) coming up. I really want to get this training down to help out in our council but it is only done once a year before Summer Camps and I missed out. We have several events in the fall and I would like to be able to help, if not I will wait until next spring.

Council they may have it University of Scouting in November but they are not sure, is there a way to find out?

I am willing to drive some to get the training if it means not having to wait until summer.

I don't know of any near your Council but I know that your Local NRA Instructor is another place to look. Also, check with your council office for the contact info for the "Camp Rangemaster" last year - he'll probably have good info on whom to contact for your training needs in that area.

Pack,

Unfortunately for timing, the Regional National Camping School was held in March at Camp Barnhardt of the Central NC Council. You can, as was suggested, take the NRA training, but it is considerably more expensive.

$100 or thereabouts for pistol. It is up to the individual instructor counselors to set their fees. I know a few instructor counselors who only charge for materials.

Rangemaster was something like $20 for the take home book.

One caveat make sure that what you take will be recognized by your council. Call one of the shooting sports directors to make sure. Our council requires 20 hours OJT on our ranges no matter who else you may be certified by. This helps with their staffing needs and is non-negotiable. After the 20 hours you get a council card for two years and must maintain that card by participating a minimum of 10 hours every two years either by running ranges or staffing one of our two yearly events.