On Tuesday, March 18 I received my Wood Badge beads. I don't know how it was for anyone else, but for me it was almost as emotional as it was when I finished the course. I received my beads at my Districts Volunteer Recognition Dinner since my Ticket had to deal with the district membership committee. My District Executive was almost in tears because it took her awhile to convince me to take Wood Badge and then my Course Director was the same way since she got to see how much the course really effected me. To say the least it was a great experience and now I am sad that it all done and over with. What is next?

Keep working on being an outstanding Scout Leader. Contact people who were your Wood Badge staff and let them know you'd like ot be considered for staff. Then keep improving Scouting in your area. I'll bet you'll soon be on WB staff and be able to return to Gilwell.(This message has been edited by Knight)

Congratulations on earning your beads. I can understand how you feel, taking Woodbadge was a great experience, and I would have loved to do more. Unfortunately, I've discovered that to go on in Woodbadge, you're either "in the club" or you're not. I was never considered for that honor. So I feel like I'm on the outside looking in. Oh well, I have lots of food memories, and the education is priceless.