Since I posted Finished my Ticket What next? I contacted my CD.

He responded that he had gotten the paperwork from my TC, recorded it, and gave it to his SE.

His SE had forwarded it to my councils SE.

My council has no record of ever getting it.

Both my SE and CD said they would look into it and have it resolved in a couple of days.

Its been well over two weeks and I still havent heard anything.

I just sent e-mails again to both my SE and CD but havent gotten replies yet.

A lot of what is going on may have to do with my council got a new SE Jan. 1 (old one retired) and is in the process of moving its headquarters to a new location.

My CD has said to go ahead and schedule a beading ceremony.

But, I have reservations about doing so:

1)With no one knowing where my stuff is I am afraid that if I do schedule a ceremony and when the time comes my stuff is still missing.

2) I have no idea how to put together a beading ceremony. I assumed that I would have gotten something from my course about how to do this but I have received nothing.

Have you had your unit FOS presentation yet? Tell the SE no FOS until this is fixed.

Do you know some people in the Community FOS campaign who've not donated yet? Ask them to hold their donation hostage.

Money talks.

John

Yes, I'm cynical...

It sounds as if the process for filing the "Application for Training Recognition/Wood Badge" may not have been followed correctly. This form is given to you ticket counseor by the course director.

Here is the flow that is supposed to happen. When you attend a Wood Badge course out of Council you are supposed to get a Permanent Ticket Counselor that is in your Council.

Upon satisfactory completion of the Ticket, the counselor certifies the completeon with signature and date and sends the form to your HOME council's training chair for recording in your training record. It is then signed by your HOME council SE and your home Council Training Chair and dated.

It is then sent to the Scout Executive for the HOST council of the course, with the approx date for the recognition ceremony and asking the Host Council SE to release the recognition kit to the Course Director for presentation. The Host Council Executive will contact the Course Director to Recieve the certificate number and ass it to the top protion of the application.

The host council then checks off and dates that the award was shipped to your Course Director.

Paperwork done,

My guess is that your counselor sent the ticket to the course director who sent it to the Host Council SE to have the award released, and the interim step to first send it to your home council for recording was skipped.

Since your CD said to schedule the ceremony he or she probably already has your beads. I would follow their instruction and schedule the ceremony making sure you inform your CD of the date.

Once you have received your Wood Badge recognition it will include a certificate#. This is your unique identifier for you completion of the course. Send that number to your council registrar and training chair and ask that they make sure your record is updated.

Congrats

Hi CNY

I actually typed a long response to you the other day, but I typed the incorrect password and..poof. it was gone.

Congrats! :)

I completed my ticket and had my beading within a month's time. My Scout Master came prepared with all of the neccessary Woodbadge items for display and recognition. My beading was during my packs blue and gold 2 weekends ago, so I only had to provide a table. My audience was already there. I did invite several local woodbadge freinds and my Patrol mates. This ceremony was very special to me and to share it with my friends and family made it that much more meaningful.

Where/when are you thinking about having yours?