The only thing that I'm missing to finish the requirements for the District Committee Key is the training element. The funny thing is that I've been doing my job for years without being trained and everyone is happy with what I do (could be because no one else want to do it, kinda like the cook in the story of the Moose Turd Pie)

For some reason, no one around here knows anything about Districtr Committe Workshop or anything like it. I did find this http://olc.scouting.org/info/dcom.html and have successfully completed it.

Does anyone know if this "training" will satisfy the requirements for the award?

I really need that extra knot to fill out a row.

We completed this in four consecutive district meetings. It's also been incorporated into University of Scouting. It is led by your District Chairman, District Commissioner, or DE. From another council's website:

The workshop is specific for registered district committee members, designed to enhance the knowledge and understanding of the position you serve on the district committee. The discussion and interaction with Scouters serving in the same positions in other districts will strengthen the learning process.

The overall objectives of the workshop are designed to:

Define the four functions of District Operations, list the positions of the district, as well as define how these positions carry out the four functions.

Identify and emphasize the importance of each participant and the role served on the committee

Identify the major tasks of each district committee and position, identifying ways each task can be accomplished

Improve communication and cooperation between the key positions within the council

Discuss and establish the 2008 Centennial Quality District goals

You need a pre-backed pie shell, one fresh steaming moose turd of considerable size and firmness, parsley and paprika. Place the moose turd into the pie shell, use another piece of pie crust to create a lattice as the top of the pie. Garnish with parsley and paprika and serve fresh.

If you want, you can make it a dutch oven as a type of shepard's pie but the the standard flaky pie crust is best in my opinion.

Gold-Winger, if you have earned either the Commissioner's key or the Scoutmaster's key in the past, you'll be in for a disappointment--they use the same knot. You get to wear a 'nifty' (and overpriced) pin on the knot to represent which key (or keys) you have earned.

As to everyone else, we have an abundance of Mooseturds here in the Maine wilderness. We dip'em in shalec and sell'em to tourists as necklace jewelry (seriously). They're not like cow patties. They are more like deer pellets and about twice the size each/hard as a rock.