I just returned from my second weekend of Wood Badge, and let me just say that while I am exhausted I want to go back.

I really clicked with the other women scouter in my patrol and while we were leaving Gillwell field we told each other we will be back.

It was the best experience of my life to date! I have never felt so close to people who just over a month ago were strangers to me. I feel as if I have grown as a person and I am ready and excited to begin working my ticket!

I guess I will just have to wait for my councils Wood Badge reunion dinner in January to feel that Gillwell feeling again.

I use to be an Eagle

C-32-07

Lol, the ticket ended up working out beautifully Wiggin is a nice way to put things I was in sheer panic.

I had one more meeting with my Troop Guide and also spoke to my Asst. Cubmaster who was a Guide for another patrol about it. I had a plan in place when I arrived and that first night they were completed and signed off by my guide.

The feeling of waking up the second morning was wonderful since the stress and weight of the tickets was off my chest. Most of my patrol stayed up late that first night to work on our tickets. Two of us got them signed off on that night and work up singing Signed, Sealed, Delivered Im DONE!

Three of my other patrol mates had just minor adjustments to make to theirs and they were done before dinner the second day. One member of our patrol come back to the campsite and went to bed so he was scrambling to get his typed into the computer and printed out that second day.

I did take my laptop this time and I was glad that I did since the computers in scribe land were very busy and it allowed us to work off in a quiet pavilion on our own.

I am actually very excited to begin working my ticket and thank everyone here for their support while I was wiggin out.

I use to be an Eagle

C-32-07

I just finished my first weekend at Woodbadge as a Troop guide, this morning when I came into work I giggled because 6 of my 10 new email messages were from Woodbadgers....

The highlight for today''s Wikipedia is about..Woodbadge!

Enjoy!

~Trish

I used to be an Owl....

alexsma

At some point you should be getting a course evaluation form, or perhaps you already have. Be sure to mention the uncertainty you felt regarding the ticket issue. The handling of the Wood Badge tickets is the weakest part of a great program, I dont understand why such a great exerience has to include the misery of ticket writing by people without a clue administered by people who seem loath to give help.

Glad your second weekend was great. I also felt like it was the best two weekends of my adult life in many many years. I have 4 new great friends. We have met a couple times since our course last year. The first member of our patrol is getting his beads next month and we all have agreed to be there. We struggled a little with our tickets but had a great TG.

I was amazed that the knowledge I learned at WB made it much easier to guide the boys in my troop this year as we started up our meetings again.

I have been asked (and agreed to) to staff the next course in 2009

"I used to be a BEAR!!!"

Dear food (I Mean woodbadgers)

I too had a great time both weekends. I wanted to go back as staff but (snif) I was not asked. I even sent in an email to the new director. No reply.

I used to be a Bear.

SR676

(This message has been edited by Its Me)

Isnt the second weekend great?

Especially if you have a handle on your tickets.

What a relief.

Im a troop guide with C-35-07, we are having our meeting tonight with the patrol to go over their tickets.

From what Ive seen they seem to have a grasp of the whole ticket concept.

So we will see tonight.

Greenbar,

Welcome to the Forums!

During our interim month from 1st to 2d weekend, our TG was at 2 of our 4 meetings. One of his commitments to us, since he was the Troop for us at that point, was if he''d be straight and true in giving us answers to questions.

I''m glad he was my TG, he was easy to work with in developing the items and then in validating them across the months.(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)