In one of the requirments for this award it states.

Contact the host team each month and provide support for one year. My question is what is a host team. Is this something at district level? What if there is no host team, then what will you do.

Thank for any help

Brian

The host team is the Tiger Partner and Tiger Cub who will help you with the month's den meetings under the "Shared Leadership" concept of den meetings in the Tiger Cub program. Since there isn't an Assistant Den Leader in the Tigers, the shared leadership allows for each Tiger Team to get a taste of what's involved in leading the den meeting and hopefully inspire them to continue on as den leaders, assistant den leaders and active committee members within the Pack. Sometimes instead of having a team volunteer for a whole month, you can ease them into it by rotating on a meeting by meeting basis.

And I think the name for the award has been updated to Tiger Cub Den Leader Award, same orange and black square know, different name.

I hope this helps.

John

Assistant Cubmaster (gulp!) and Wolf Den ADL (Formerly a Tiger Cub Den Leader)

Pack 13

Potomac District

Shenandoah Area Council

Next project - Twilight Camp!!!

Yes- it is now the Tiger Cub Den Leader Award. The current progress record is at:

http://www.scouting.org/forms/34169/50.pdf

I'm not a Tiger Cub expert, but from "So Youre a New Tiger Cub Den Leader":

Tiger Cub Den Leadership

The success of a Tiger Cub den depends on active, enthusiastic families working alongside a knowledgeable, well-trained den leader. The Tiger Cub den leader plans and carries out a year-round program of activities for the Tiger Cub den and gives the program continuity. Using the concept of shared leadership, the Tiger Cub den leader works with a different boyadult partner team each month to plan two den meetings, a Go See It outing, and the dens part in the pack meeting. (Some teams may serve more than one month, depending on den size.)

Shared leadership is a key element of the Tiger Cub program because direct adult involvement is important for boys at this age. Through this sharing of leadership, each boy and adult partner team is given an opportunity to lead. Shared leadership also brings a wealth of knowledge and variety to the program as each host team has something different to bring to the program. As a Tiger Cub den leader, you will provide experience and ontinuity throughout the program year.

http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/resources/13-233.pdf

Ed