OK, so I put up the link for the Boy Scout RT Guide yesterday. A good friend, a DC in another District, asked me if I had seen a Cub RT guide online.

Today's question: Is there a Cub RT Guide and has anyone seen it online??

OR, as I suspect, I'm going to have to point her to that good old standby moneymaker of Supply Corporation, Cub Scout Program Helps"??

Thanks in advnace for any help. A negative is as good as a postive here... the negative means I can stop searching.(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

I may not be all that crazy about my logic, but my own speculation is:

Cub RT changes every year to prep the upcoming themes so the guide book will by necessity change every year. I'm not positive on the Boy Scout RT side of the buidling, but I'm guessing that a guide that's inclusive will have cooking quite similar whether that's a march 07 or a September 08 topic.

Also, Cub folks, whether RT volunteer staff or otherwise, are likely seen as being more easily persuaded to purchase items from the supply division than their adult counterparts in the older youth programs.

Assuming some truth in the theory, it does help explain how we ended up with separate hats for the darling Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelos Scouts and do not see separate noggin covers for the various ranks within the troop. 8^)

Kevin,

THAT'S MY POINT.

THE BOY SCOUT RT GUIDE HAS THE SAME EDITORIAL AND PRODUCTION ISSUES AS THE CUB SCOUT GUIDE.

So why is the Boy Scout RT Guide a bin item, and Supply Corporation charges for the Cub Scout RT Guide? Hmmmmmm???

A quick comparison of the 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, and 2007-08 Boy Scout RT Planning Guides shows that they rotate themes on a three-year cycle (the 2004-05 themes are repeated in 2007-08).

The Cub Scout Themes rotate on a six year schedule, the assumption being that a boy who stays from 1st to 5th grades shouldn't see a theme reperated (one wonders if BSA thinks that Boy Scouts stick around only for three years?).

In any event, the Boy Scout themes do rotate, so we can eliminate that as a distinction to justify payment for CS RT PG, vs. BS RT PG.

Not a clue on my end, as I thought the BSRT Guide probably covered multiple years/topics sans the cutesy themes.

Hmmm, all the same, iffin some red tabbies wanna pay for their RT Guide, I suspect the blue tabbies might be willing to say okie dokie, we'll swap places and the CSRT guide be the bin item next time around. 8^)

Of course, I'd prefer that such items were bin items, irrespective of program level, but I guess that's not likely to happen.