Basic Leader Training for District Training Committee Chairs and Members

I've been conducting BSA training for some time. I'm a Pack Trainer so I've participated in the Trainer Development Conference several times as a trainee and trainer. I've recently been elected as a District Committee member-at-large so I'm taking the District Committee Training Workshop (Basic Leader Training for District Committee members) this weekend. What, if any, are Basic Leader Training requirements for a District Training Committee Chair or Member that National, your council, or district?

Requirements other than a willingness to serve NONE. Recommendation is to take District Committee Training Workshop run by council. One problem with this forum is we use terms but don't give explanations. You referr to Trainer Development Conference. To me that was a course where someone tried to show me how to use flip charts and make felt boards and inter mix "get them up and move them around" segments with the "listen to me talk" segments. Why would someone need to take this more than once, or once every "training is now available in power point" material update.

Our District Committee Training Workshop basically focused on the responsibilities of the position and goals for that position. Which Council Area you fell in Membership, Training, Program, Fundraising etc. You then recieved a folder full of utopian outlines which said if you stood up and asked for help adults in your district would be pushing each other out of the way to sign up, and these willing soles would then jump at the chance to attend yet more training.

LongHaul